Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monstrous! That's how I describe these tires.

We decided to keep the 'Becca, so time for the 60k maintenance and new tires. We could have gotten another 6 months to a year on the originals, but since we travel in the snow it was time for a change. After research I decided that short of getting actual "snow" tires these would work best for us.

GoodYear Fortera Triple Tread.

These things make the already HUGE looking tires look gianormous!!!!
So far they seem to work great. Two trips in the snow, no problems. Or is that the flawless Subaru all-wheel drive system? The tires are a little loud. They hum on the road especially on concrete highways.

Great tires..........
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,246 Posts
How do they look "bigger" if they are the same stock size? Tread look nice and aggressive. Maybe the noise will subside as they break in?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is the aggressive look of them. I saw the same tire on a Honda Element, they just looked silly........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Looks like a good tire. I'm doing research now to see what to put on the tribeca. Got about 65K on the OEM Goodyears and they still have a decent amount of tread left.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
IF YOU CAN GET THAT KIND OF MILEAGE OUT OEM and you like them, then stick with them. You must be a good easy going driver.
A heavier tire will reduce the MPG for sure, but if you see snow consider the tripletreads.

I was looking at the NITTO 420 for sport feel and don't see snow in Houston.
Price is creeping up cause people are getting them.

Especially the sporty look.

relsoc said:
Looks like a good tire. I'm doing research now to see what to put on the tribeca. Got about 65K on the OEM Goodyears and they still have a decent amount of tread left.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
The OEM Goodyears have been a "good" tire for me. The car is mostly highway miles and I rotate them every 6,000 miles. They have nice even tread wear. I think my only complaint would be road noise and traction on snow. Otherwise I have been satisfied. I would like to get something quieter and with better traction eventually.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
relsoc said:
The OEM Goodyears have been a "good" tire for me. The car is mostly highway miles and I rotate them every 6,000 miles. They have nice even tread wear. I think my only complaint would be road noise and traction on snow. Otherwise I have been satisfied. I would like to get something quieter and with better traction eventually.
You are lucky they have been good for you...if you read reviews on the tire on places like tirerack.com they are not very favorable. We got about 30,000 miles on ours and probably could have easily gone another 15,000 but no way was I going to let my wife drive around our two young daughters with how poorly they performed in rain and snow once the tread wore down. I wish I would have got the Coopers earlier. They look better on the rim and they are amazing in the snow and rain. I strongly suggest them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
I'll keep the coopers in mind. I would really love a set of Michelins but they are way out there in price!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
What are the relative costs in the US at the moment?
I paid £130 approx $210(US) for my last LS2 fitted (subaru dealer wanted $260). I intend to use Michelin Diamaris next time which will probably cost in the region of $270 each fitted.
We had two bad punctures at below 10k miles with the Goodyears. I replaced the tyres and expect the set to last until about 40-45k miles. I have no particular issues with them but have had nothing but good experiences with Michelin in the past and as they seem to be the default fitment for the better SUVs over here, thought they would be worth a try.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
Just the tire in Houston, Texas would be 135 dollars U.S. for the LS2. Look at DISCOUNTTIREDIRECT.COM. The price shown is with delivery included.

Sorry to hear they charge that much in London.

SimonD said:
What are the relative costs in the US at the moment?
I paid £130 approx $210(US) for my last LS2 fitted (subaru dealer wanted $260). I intend to use Michelin Diamaris next time which will probably cost in the region of $270 each fitted.
We had two bad punctures at below 10k miles with the Goodyears. I replaced the tyres and expect the set to last until about 40-45k miles. I have no particular issues with them but have had nothing but good experiences with Michelin in the past and as they seem to be the default fitment for the better SUVs over here, thought they would be worth a try.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just for the record, I had gotten 59,000 out of my LS2"s. There was still decent tread life in them, but in the winter we ski and spend a lot of time in the snow. So I asked my wife if she wanted a new vehicle or the 60,000 mile maintenance with new tires. She still loves her 'becca, so tires it was. Just this week I traded and put the same GoodYear triple treads on my brand new Outback. We will see how they work over time.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
I, too, bought the Goodyear Triple Treds due to the fact that we get lots of snow. We were lucky this winter coz we only saw 2 major snowfall and 1 light one. The Triple Treds are amazing in the snow. I highly recommend them if you get snow in your area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
552 Posts
I'm still running the LS2s on our B9, but +1 for the TripleTreads. I have them on my Accord and they are hands down the best tires I've ever driven on. Plus they last a CRAZY long time! I had 90k miles on them and they still had tread left...I only replaced them since I had gotten a flat, otherwise probably could have gone another 10-15k!

When it comes times for tires on the B9, I'm gonna have to compare costs. I've had no real gripes with the LS2, IMHO their traction isn't bad in the rain but could be better in the snow. TripleTreads for the B9 size look to be pretty pricey and I replaced a flat LS2 last yr for only $145 installed (including mounting, balancing, disposal).
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top