Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, car has 34K and pads on both front and rear are gone! Front discs were re-surfaced twice by the dealer due to the excessive warping and vibration at the highway speeds. I am planning to go with aftermarket slotted rotors and pads. The rotors that I want (ultramax blackdash)from EBC do not come in Tribeca flavor. Does anybody know if Forrester or Outback rotors are similar to Tribeca? For pads I though maybe Redstuff or Yellowstuff truck. I do not want any noise out of then or ton of dust (oh and tow on a rare ocasion a boat). Any suggestions? - thanks!

http://www.ebcbrakes.com/automotive/sport_slotted_brake_rotors/ultimax_blackdash_usr_slotted_rotors.shtml

·
Registered
31 Posts
the bolt pattern on the tribeca are the same as the sti 5x114 and the bolt pattern on the forrester,outback,legacy wrx are 5x100 so rotors will not fit,but the brake pads are the same as the legacy so you could use the Hawk performance pads,maybe the sti rotors might fit

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have heard good things about ebc. My brand to be when I will be changing brakes next year.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I just yesterday ordered StopTech drilled/slotted rotors and Posi Quiet ceramic pads for the front of my 07. Will install next week when they arrive and then post an initial review.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Not sure about this. I replaced the front pads at 41k miles. They still had some life in them and the discs are perfect. I replaced the rears too but they were less than half worn,
I liked the oe pads because they came with copperslip and anti-seize plus all the shims. If I don't have to touch them for another 41k then I'll be happy.

·
Registered
136 Posts
My brakes have not been touched and have now done 145000k's
Must be gentle on them.
I've heard Audi Q7 owners have to replace brakes and rotors every 30-40,000k's due to the weight of the car, at a cost of $2000+, that would hurt my budget, I travel that every year.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Spoke to soon just had front pads replaced at last service, not bad lasted 145000k,s
They charged me $240 which I thought was great value.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi.

Many Impreza owners of the spanish comunity use EBC brakes and are very happy with them. In most cases use 3GD Sport Rotors + Redd Stuff pads.
They say that YellowStuff pads are good for circuits, where brake temperature is high, but at "low temperatures" of street use theese pads are not so good, and prefer the Red ones.

About the brake rotors, you can use the 3GD Sport ones, that are made for Tribeca and now in black anodised finish. References in US market are GD7337 (front) and GD7338 (rear).

But if you really want to improve braking capacity you'll need to change de calipers. Someone of the spanish Subaru SUV comunnity has changed just rotors (3GD Sport front and rear), pads (EBC front and Ferodo rear) and brake lines (Goodridge) in a 08' Tribeca and says there is not many diference with OEM kitt.

Best option seems to be the Brembo STI calipers, that fits without adaptors in the Tribeca. There is a manufacturer that makes the Impreza WRX 2 pots calipers called Sumitomo that seems to sell a 8 pots brake kitt for front and 6 pots brake kitt for rear that are available for all Subaru models. Some pics...

Andrey said:
Well, car has 34K and pads on both front and rear are gone! Front discs were re-surfaced twice by the dealer due to the excessive warping and vibration at the highway speeds. I am planning to go with aftermarket slotted rotors and pads. The rotors that I want (ultramax blackdash)from EBC do not come in Tribeca flavor. Does anybody know if Forrester or Outback rotors are similar to Tribeca? For pads I though maybe Redstuff or Yellowstuff truck. I do not want any noise out of then or ton of dust (oh and tow on a rare ocasion a boat). Any suggestions? - thanks!

http://www.ebcbrakes.com/automotive/sport_slotted_brake_rotors/ultimax_blackdash_usr_slotted_rotors.shtml

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.