Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife got in an accident. She was driving to work yesterday morning, it was 18 degrees out. The speed limit was 55, and she was going just under that. She hit some black ice, and slid off the road and then rolled 3-4 times (unsure as to how many times because she blacked out and came to upside down). She is fine, just the usual soreness, thank god to the quality that Subaru builds it's vehicles with. Here are the pics:

·
Registered
27 Posts
That is incredible. It is good news that your wife is ok.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no, the airbags did not deploy. we will find out tomorrow, i think, what the situation is with the insurance company. i'm sure it will be totalled just due to the structural damage on the roof.

·
449 Posts
Holy Sh!t, I'm glad she is OK, what a mess. And yes, over the years I've seen it time and time again how your Scooby gives it's life up to save the people inside. It's the reason people keep getting them after having the first one.

·
Registered
345 Posts
WOW! That's crazy! I'm happy to hear no one got hurt. Surprisingly, the car looks pretty good for rolling that many times.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow, that's a scary episode. Glad that your wife is okay. Makes me more comfortable driving my Tribeca with my whole family in it, including my 10 month old son. You know, I always feel safe in the Tribeca, and those pics prove my feelings of security and safety!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone. We will find out today if it's totalled or not. I'm currently in Iraq (I'm in the Marine Corps), so having a safe vehicle to keep my family safe while I'm not there is important. Time to find another Tribeca, but it's going to be tough to find one at the deal we got the last one at...

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I wonder if you could get an even better deal now on 08 Tribecas. Subie is running 0% on leftover 08's now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Andrew said:
Thanks everyone. We will find out today if it's totalled or not. I'm currently in Iraq (I'm in the Marine Corps), so having a safe vehicle to keep my family safe while I'm not there is important. Time to find another Tribeca, but it's going to be tough to find one at the deal we got the last one at...
Wow, we have a 7 month old and that is the reason we traded in the legacy wagon, we wanted to have the side air bags for the little guy. So happy all went well, tribeca looks surprisingly well for flipping over that many times.

also, be safe overseas and get home soon.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Woah! Glad to hear everyone's ok. Keep us posted on the new vehicle search.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
i would love to be able to afford an 08, but i don't think that will happen.

still waiting on the insurance company to let us know what's going on.

she might be going to check this tribeca out this week:
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=21&pageNumber=0&numResultsPerPage=50&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE+descending&certifiedOnly=false&criteria=K-|E-|M-_45_|B-23000|D-_7836_|N-N|R-75|I-1%2c7|P-PRICE+descending|Q-descending|Z-28540&aff=national&paId=300835426&recnum=0&leadExists=true

edit:
i wrote an email to subaru yesterday telling them about the accident and how impressed i am with the outcome of an accident of that manner. they responded pretty quickly and want to see pictures from the accident, and also offered me a $500 discount on any new subaru that i buy between now and August... what great customer service! seriously, i'm very impressed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also am glad to hear another person makes it out alive in a suby. I was hit by a drunk driver in my sti. He was in a ford excursion and hit me at 120mph on the drivers side then sent me into a tree head on. My husband was a passenger and he walk away just fine. Minus the usual aches and pains. I on the other hand have major damage and went through many injuries that will be life long. to sum it up i got thrown into the windshield and when i came back into my seat i broke my shoulder in 3 spots, damaged my liver and kidneys, and twisted and crushed my spine. I also received head trauma and i live with memory problems now and left eye damage. Due to my spine injury i lost half the feeling in my right leg and all the feeling in my left leg except my big toe and the toe next to it. Other than that i have no feeling in the left leg.
I ended up getting a replacement sti but i couldnt really drive it so we sold my husbands sti and bought my tribeca and i gave him my sti. People ask me why i picked up my tribeca and i said because i lived in my first accident so i want to stay in the subaru family. I feel safe when i am in a subaru and not so safe in any other car. I even own a 07 honda civic that has only 3k miles on it and i have owned it since dec 06 lol. I dont feel safe in that car at all so i only have it driven for the battery sake heh.

Best wishes to your wife!! May she recover well from this and what i tell everyone else you may miss your car but your car gave its life for you!! the way its ment to be!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Andrew said:
i would love to be able to afford an 08, but i don't think that will happen.

still waiting on the insurance company to let us know what's going on.

she might be going to check this tribeca out this week:
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=21&pageNumber=0&numResultsPerPage=50&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE+descending&certifiedOnly=false&criteria=K-|E-|M-_45_|B-23000|D-_7836_|N-N|R-75|I-1%2c7|P-PRICE+descending|Q-descending|Z-28540&aff=national&paId=300835426&recnum=0&leadExists=true

edit:
i wrote an email to subaru yesterday telling them about the accident and how impressed i am with the outcome of an accident of that manner. they responded pretty quickly and want to see pictures from the accident, and also offered me a $500 discount on any new subaru that i buy between now and August... what great customer service! seriously, i'm very impressed.
I have a lot of friends who have bought from here.

Also if you are in NJ take a look at Autolenders.com

http://www.carmax.com/enUS/search-r...90+8+9&Q=ef4b5197-356f-4ce9-9090-762451706004

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks you for your service.... I spent a awhile in the gulf myself... freaken hot!! :)

Navy
USS Crommelin
USS Ranger

Andrew said:

·
Registered
405 Posts
I am glad to READ everyone was OK!
:tup:
My wife drives the TRIBE with our 6 year old in the back.

Fast acceleration was not #1 on the agenda when deciding on crossover vehicles, SAFETY THOUGH WAS!

Someone erased pics up on top but from the reactions I'm guessing it was really bad.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts