Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just throwing this out for conversation.........

Will there be a "next generation Tribecca?"

Subaru has redesigned everything else in the line up. Becca sales are down. Ok they are Non existent!

So does it get a redesign?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I say yes. I believe Subaru wants to be in the large SUV segment. They need an SUV for people who graduate from a Forester.

·
Registered
308 Posts
They're apparently taking a "wait and see" attitude. If sales pick up, they'll proceed with a redesign, if sales don't, it dies like the Baja. The story I heard was that they put off the redesign until the auto market turns around.

It's a shame they don't advertise it, as it's quite a nice vehicle. Before I got mine, I drove a Murano, and liked the Tribeca quite a bit better. It's got potential, if they let people know about it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
For whatever reason I have been plotting Tribeca sales since they started. Late last summer they were actually increasing number wise (still down compared to the year before, but increasing), and then plummeted in the fall. At the same time I heard dealers complain that they had customers who wanted one, but they couldn't get one from Subaru. Subaru has a hit on its hands with the Forester. And they've had to introduce two new models with the new Legacy and Outback - which have been their bread and butter for years. And I believe they also make Camry's for Toyota at their Indiana plant. Which probably means their capacity for Tribeca's is not large. None of my local dealerships even has a 2010 Tribeca to sell.

I don't see them increasing production capacity in this economy, and I don't see them spending much on a redesign. So I think the Tribeca will be quietly dropped. I don't like it, and I think that it could have been a hit if properly executed, but that window has closed.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I saw yes...but it will grow more...b/c they need an SUV...and they need to ADVERTISE! like ofroad adventures like the outbackk commercials...its a great SUV..but right now...blends in way to much..like the Volvo S80..really nice..but blends in..its needs unigue features..i say it will have a redesign, i hope :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
We have the same problem here in Australia with the 2010 model, no stock available and a short waiting list. Not bad for a vehicle with no advertising. It's still selling in OK numbers here. Most sales would be from recommendations from current Tribeca owners, I know 2 people that have bought 1 after being in mine.

Seriously though, Subaru don't have that many models, there is no excuse for not doing a redesign, they have nothing else in the pipe line.

The next model could be a winner if made a little larger to compete with CX-9 BMW X5 and Audi Q7.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I agree. A little larger (longer & wider), more towing capacity (at least 5,000 lbs.), and I'll be in the market for one in a few years (after I wear out my '07, and after I buy a Legacy STI (still hoping...)).

·
Registered
630 Posts
yeah, the next redo will be hopefully near perfect, and bigger, and subaru doesnt have any other midesize-fullsize suvs so the Tribeca will remain

·
Registered
21 Posts
For what it's worth... this is NOT the next Subaru Tribeca, but here's what Subaru has been showing lately as their next gen concept (hybrid):

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/06/automobiles/autoshow/LA-SUBARU-HYBRID.html

The article says this may arrive 2012!

--------------------------

Introduced on Thursday: Subaru Hybrid Tourer Concept.

Is it real? Same story as when it was unveiled at the Tokyo Motor Show in October: car, no; gas-electric hybrid system, yes.

What they said: “At start-up and extremely low speeds when fuel efficiency is low, such as when driving the car into a garage, the rear electric motor is primarily used, which allows driving without engaging the gasoline engine. During normal driving, the front engine is primarily used. Under full acceleration, the rear motor assists the driving power of the engine to achieve advanced driving performance,” according to press materials.

What they didn’t say: Remember the good old days of two years ago, when an automaker could wow the crowd simply by slapping on a hybrid badge? Now Subaru must roll out gullwing doors, a future-shock interior and glowing green strip lighting to flag down spectators.

What makes it tick? A 2-liter horizontally opposed direct-injection turbo engine, two electric motors and high-performance lithium batteries. Rounding things out are familiar names: Lineartronic C.V.T., the same transmission technology found in the new Outback and Legacy, and Subaru’s Symmetrical all-wheel-drive system.

How much, how soon? The car is a fantasy, but Subaru’s hybrid system should arrive in 2012. Most likely it will land in an existing production model rather than an all-new vehicle.

How’s it look? Any chance the Tourer’s design team could take a crack at the rest of the Subaru lineup?

·
Registered
21 Posts
More photos here:

http://www.autoblog.com/gallery/tokyo-2009-subaru-hybrid-tourer/

Drool, hope, pray... I'd love to just have Subaru even offer existing Tribeca users say an upgrade to the existing software for the audio/GPS. Top of the line Tribeca of today does not have the ability for the radio to pick up the song title, and radio station name! Yikes. And the GPS is so outdated. Man, let's start with the basics.

I do love my Tribeca. But we can always hope for more!

·
Registered
308 Posts
marshall.team said:
More photos here:

http://www.autoblog.com/gallery/tokyo-2009-subaru-hybrid-tourer/

Drool, hope, pray... I'd love to just have Subaru even offer existing Tribeca users say an upgrade to the existing software for the audio/GPS. Top of the line Tribeca of today does not have the ability for the radio to pick up the song title, and radio station name! Yikes. And the GPS is so outdated. Man, let's start with the basics.

I do love my Tribeca. But we can always hope for more!
I agree on the radio. I have a friend who has an older Chrysler minivan that has the song/artist/station info. My Tribeca was recently in for repairs (after hitting a deer), and I got a Pontiac Vibe (Toyota Matrix clone) as a rental, and it had all the song/artist/station info on the radio, and it was a base model!

Subaru should be a step ahead of the inferior competition, not a step behind!

·
Registered
136 Posts
This could very well be Subaru's new SUV direction. If they dump the Tribeca and make a premium SUV to go up against the BMW X6 or Acura ZDX, I'll be there.

Anyone else love the Acura ZDX, pity they don't export to Australia.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I heard a rumor that they were going to drop the Tribeca and make a 7 pass Outback option. I hope that they don't do that. A 7pass Outback would be all right but I hope they don't discontinue the Tribeca. The new Tribeca has a few nice options, HID's on the top of the line although I am not sure about the painted bumpers?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Subaru should definitely go for the hat-trick. They've already won SUV of the year for Forester, then for Outback. If they would do something good with the Tribeca, they could get it for the third year running!

Come on Subaru!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I purchased my Tribeca Dec 6. most dealers only had one. The closest dealer to me had none. I had to dealer surf to find one with the options I wanted.

That said, after 2000 miles, I am very happy with my 2010 limited. I wish it had a larger gas tank but thats about my only wishlist.

I have a gray Tribeca and I think the black unpainted trim is just fine. I really liked the red one that Irvine had but I can not stand the beige (tan) interior.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Welcome to the group! The gas tank size is a common complaint. It could be bigger, but I find on trips I regularly get over 300 miles on a tank, and that's about the right time to get out and stretch, so it's not that big of a deal for me.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Welcome!
tan is just imposible to keep clean...hows the bluetooth system? kinda dumb spot on the roof where the sunglass holder was but..atleast it has it for that price point and its voice command? Is the navi voice command too?

1 - 20 of 188 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.