Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To keep the driver / passenger area of my '08 Tribeca warm, I need to keep the auto climate control set to 78 or above - and that's when it's only about 40 degrees outside. If it's colder, I've had to keep it at 80, with the fan running at 3 or 4, to stay relatively warm.

Is this typical for the Tribeca? It seems awful high to me, but I thought I'd check with other owners to see what their experience is before I take it in for service.

As well, I've run the heater in "non auto" mode, where I've had it at 76 (on a cold day), with the fan on 4 and it wasn't warm in the driver area. So I put it in auto mode, set the temperature to 80 (expecting it to crank up the fan) but instead, it actualy turned the fan speed down and didn't increase the level of heat coming from the vents. I'm thinking I have a bad interior temperature sensor, but I'd love to hear others' experiences.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info! We're off to upstate NY to go skiing next week, so I figured I wait to see how things work during that trip before I make a service appointment. But it does seem as if something isn't quite right.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Yeah, when I have it on manual and want to warm the cabin, I have to crank it to the upper 70's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts