Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone done this? It's about the only thing (besides puddle lights) that I don't have in my Tribeca... Is it worth the effort?

·
449 Posts
http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8819

It's pre wired, I like the auto dimming feature mostly.

Install is pretty simple. I've attached the instructions that come with the mirror. There are basically two types of mounting systems, it looks like you will need the type that has a screw in adapter. Look at my link above for details and pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bionic - yeah I kinda figured that :lol:

Peaty - thanks a million - great stuff! :D :tup: :bow:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Peaty - I've got the mirror on - but I can't seem to remove the panel where the lights and sunglasses holder are. I open the sunglasses holder and those 2 screws come out. When I try to pull the panel down, it feels like I'm going to break something. Am I missing something? I don't see any other exposed attach points...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Doh! I didn't remove the lens so I didn't see the screws. Thanks Peat - I'm a dork... :D

·
449 Posts
NP, happy to help :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Quote from Peaty in Scoobymods:

"Not all cars are pre-wired (harness up in the headliner) for the OEM mirror upgrade. I think (but I'm not positive) sometime around 2000 they started pre-wiring most Subarus for the mirror."

On my 06 limited I removed the headliner console (spot map light and sunglass holder) and could not find an unused harness. Unless I missed something I would have to do a retrofit. It shouldn't be hard to find a key switched 12V and ground in there though.

Anyone else installed an auto dim in place of the standard mirror on the 06 Tribeca?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mirror

Yes indeed I just did and the install took me less then 20 min ( I had the diagram and overhead panel removal info that made it a breeze)
As mentioned mine is a 2006 model and there was NO harness to plug in all I had to do is take an IGNITION ON power from the sunroof and connect the ground which took around 10-15 min and that was that put all back together not only is the Auto Dim a safety feature when driving at night but the mirror is bigger then the standard so makes visability better.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi,

Just bought a Subaru dimming mirror on ebay from the USA, for my Australian 09 Tribeca, but no luck trying to locate the connector in the light/sunglass holder panel. Might have to get someone to fit unless anyone knows what could be wrong, I have a sunroof also :confused:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Trueblue, you have to GENTLY pull down on the head liner and feel around, I believe, the driver side of the opening once you take out the sunglass/light panel. the wire harness is neatly tucked on the inside of the roof panel. its the only connector there and its wrapped in a foam thing to keep it from rattling.

·
Registered
80 Posts
NatetheSkate said:
Trueblue, you have to GENTLY pull down on the head liner and feel around, I believe, the driver side of the opening once you take out the sunglass/light panel. the wire harness is neatly tucked on the inside of the roof panel. its the only connector there and its wrapped in a foam thing to keep it from rattling.
Ok cool, Ill take it apart and have another look

thanks for confirming the connector is there, I was getting worried.

·
Registered
80 Posts
NatetheSkate said:
i do hope they are the same down there. and mine is an '06.

Yep all good, connector was up there, just had to flick the cable out as it was hidden.
Thanks for help NatetheSkate :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Is there a way to change the settings on the sensor for the ADM in the Tribeca's interface? Mine does not darken, and I assume there is no battery since it requires constant power

·
449 Posts
Is there a way to change the settings on the sensor for the ADM in the Tribeca's interface? Mine does not darken, and I assume there is no battery since it requires constant power

see attached

There is no way to change the settings, if you are in reverse the mirror will get a back up light signal and un -dim the mirror until you shift back to a forward gear.

I have all sorts of auto dim info here:

http://www.scoobymods.com/showthread.php/inside-rear-view-mirror-info-8819.html?t=8819

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts