Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

So glad to find this site. Thanks for being here.

I have an '06 B9 Limited 5 seater with 64000 miles. I loved her not a first sight, what's that about not judging a book by it's cover. I sat in the cabin, oh boy, what a beauty, felt like a private plane. Drove her and that was it, love a second sight. I've had 3 Outbacks before the Tribeca.

I live on Long Island, in NY and travel to a from NH quite a bit, about 520 miles round trip. I switched to 89 octane when gas was approaching $5.00 per gallon about 20 thousand miles ago. So far I don't think I've caused any damage...if someone knows that I will please interupt. I used to get bout 17.5 mpg city and 23.5 hwy.

My mileage changed when I changed tires at 63,000 miles after hydroplaning at 60 mph in the rain on an interstate. The original tires had plenty of tread, but they were getting dangerous. I wanted GOOD tires, ones that wouldn't slide in snow and skid on ice and complain when driven trough mud or snow deeper than a foot. So, I chose Perrilli Scorpion Ice & Snow. Now the car feels like it could climb 90 degree cliffs covered with ice with out a complaint. It's turned into a Gecko. I'll be happy if the vehicle just doesn't slide into traffic when it can't stop on a 30 degree decline like while wearing those oem tires. But, my mpg is suffering something awful, like 16.0 city and 18 - 19 mpg hwy. I can feel the drag of these beauties and can't wait for snow and ice...but on dry ground they stick too well, like I said, a Gecko with suction cup feet.

A problem that I've been having is during a 260 mile drive on an interstate in the rain with the defroster on a kiddie swimming pool developes in the front passenger side floor well. It's happened 3 times now...I haven't done anything yet because everytime I have a problem it seems to flourish after the NH techs touch my car. And the LI techs blame everything on the NH techs...Oiy Vay. Anyway...I thought maybe someone knows something about this and I could at least go into service with an idea of what to expect.

The vehicle has not been in an accident nor have I run over any Moose.

Thanks...

·
Registered
108 Posts
If you owned an older car I'd say you may have a bad heater core (sort of a small radiator behind the dash on the passenger side) or your cowl (the area right below the windshield and wipers covered with a plastic screen) is rusted out, both of which could dump water where you're finding it. But, I think it's unusual for either to go bad so soon...

You could try pouring some water into the cowl area (first make sure it's free of leaf, etc. debris) to see if the water is getting into the cabin.

One more thought -- it could be a plugged drain tube for A/C condensation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know of one other vehicle that this happened to but it was a Cayene. The water would travel through the entire passenger side and it caused rust and mold and the wiring started to fail. Her insurance co. totaled the car and gave her a settlement. I certainly don't want that to happen here. I will take it to the dealer and see if they can find the cause.

Thanks to those who offered suggestions.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Anyone on here have a good sense of where the AC drain hose runs?

It could also be a plugged cowl drain, esp. with the pine needles in the NH neck of the woods, it wouldn't take much for something to get stopped up in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.