Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was about to buy the little OEM Subwoofer for my Tribeca 2008 LTD 5 passengers, but I was wondering if it has one already installed in the back, will the other one work, does it really improves the sound system? thanks:Dunno:

·
Registered
552 Posts
The LTD models already come with the subwoofer. So if you buy another one, there won't be any place to put it...unless you custom install it of course.

Obviously it doesn't do a whole lot since it sounds like your already not sure if you even have one...it's in the cargo area on the passenger side.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Ah, that one...that's the add-on one for non-LTD Tribecas. I don't believe the LTD's have the wiring for the underseat one since they come with the one in the back:(

I haven't really looked, but it's supposed to go under the front seat so check there to see if you see a spare wire harness or call your dealers parts dept to see if it's applicable. I know on my navi-equipped B9 the DVD drive for the navi is under the driver's seat.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I actually got the amplifier/ subwoofer for my 08 Impreza. It sounds great and adds some heft to your tunes. Get it if you have no plans to overhaul your stock system.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I HAVE THE special edition so I'll have to look to see if I have the woofer :lol: or at least wires already there for it.:Dunno:

If I don't, whats the best price anyone has found for it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The subwoofer (if there really is one) in my 09 Limited is really pathetic. Maybe you could also add the one under the driver's side front seat if the wiring is there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You can add the extra subwoofer to a ltd which has a woofer in the rear. It can go under the driver's or passenger front seat (another thread about that). I have nav so had to put it under the passenger side seat. The wiring and mounting brackets come with the subwoofer. If you install on the passenger side, you reverse the mounting brackets (L to R) and no problems at all. The passenger feels the rumble vs. the driver is the only down side. The additional bass is modest at best but does help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts