Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted more up-to-date car reliability information that included actual repair rates. So in late 2005 I started getting people together to make this possible. TrueDelta now updates actual repair frequencies, not just dots, four times a year, to track cars closely as they age.

We've had excellent participation by Subaru owners, and are currently providing reliability stats for every model--except the Tribeca. The 2006 and 2008 model years are close to the minimum sample sizes needed to get started--so if a few more owners sign up and participate, we can cover the Tribeca as well.

Participants simply report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, at the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, participants receive full access to all results, not just those for the Tribeca, for free.

For the details, and to sign up to help out:

Car reliability research

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it isn't going to bite you.

Number of owners now signed up, by model year:

2006: 18

2007: 7

2008: 21

2009: 8

The minimum sample size is 25, so the 2008 is close and the 2006 isn't far behind.

Help get your year included:

Car reliability research

·
Registered
24 Posts
How are the truedelta results so far for the Tribeca in general? I can't get them to appear like other vehicles, I guess that's because of the low number of enrolled Tribecas?

I checked out the common problems posted in these forums and the truedelta stats before making my recent purchase. I decided against the Pathfinder because of the issues that people have reported at truedelta.

It was then between the Mountaineer and Tribeca. My mechanic told me to stay away from the Mountaineer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The 2008 was added to the survey this month, so we might have some results as soon as November.

The other model years still aren't in the survey, though the 2006 is only four short of the minimum.

I'd love to cover all model years, but am limited by the number of participants.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The 2006 has also been added to the survey, though it's right at the minimum.

The more owners participate, the better the information we'll be able to provide.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It took longer than I'd hoped, but we have some initial results for the Tribeca based on owner experiences through March 31, 2011.

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2008: 125, worse than average

2006: 67, about average

Small sample sizes, so these are not precise. We'll have further updates in August and November. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Subaru Tribeca reliability ratings and comparisons

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We have updated our reliability stats for the Tribeca based on owner experiences through September 30, 2011.

2008: 84, about average this time

2006: 64, about average

Small sample sizes, so these are not precise. We'll have further updates in February and May. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We have updated our reliability stats for the Tribeca based on owner experiences through December 31, 2011.

2008: 88, about average this time

2006: 52, better than average

Small sample sizes, so these are not precise. We'll have further updates later this month and in August. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We have updated our reliability stats for the Tribeca based on owner experiences through June 30, 2012.

2008: 44, about average on a stricter, recalibrated scale

2006: 55, about average

Small sample sizes, so these are not precise. We'll have further updates in November and February. We'd love to provide more precise stats and cover more model years--just a matter of getting more owners involved.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We have updated our reliability stats for the Tribeca based on owner experiences through September 30, 2012.

2008: 48, about average

2006: 50, about average

Small sample sizes, so these are not precise. We'll have further updates later this month and in May. We'd love to provide more precise stats and cover more model years--just a matter of getting more owners involved!

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We've updated our reliability stats for the Tribeca to include owner experiences through March 31, 2013.

2008 Tribeca: 22, low, very small sample size
2006 Tribeca: 33, low, small sample size

We'll have further updates in August and in November. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

For the details, including the descriptions of reported repairs, and to sign up to help improve this information:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We've updated our reliability stats for the Tribeca to include owner experiences through June 30, 2013. (Another source is about 14 months behind.)

2008 Tribeca: 12, low, very small sample size
2006 Tribeca: 38, low, small sample size

We'll have further updates in November and February.

To view competitors' scores and descriptions of reported repairs, and to sign up to help:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We've updated our reliability stats for the Tribeca to include owner experiences through September 30, 2013.

2008 Tribeca: 23, low, very small sample size
2006 Tribeca: 34, low, small sample size

We'll have further updates in February and in May. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You're certainly welcome! I just wish we had better, more complete information to provide on these cars. For this, we need more participants.

For those not yet signed up, details here:

www.truedelta.com/join

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We've updated our reliability stats for the Tribeca to include owner experiences through December 31, 2013.

2008 Tribeca: 35, low, very small sample size
2006 Tribeca: 34, low, small sample size

We'll have further updates in May and in August. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

To see the repairs behind these stats, and to sign up to help improve this information:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts