Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have a problem with nav system / display. Often when I turn on the car, screen shows subaru logo 3 times, than goes dark and buttons beneath starts to blink red.
Less often it will turn on and work.
Sometimes, if I unlock car by moving key (but don't turn it on) and leave it for a 5-15 mins, it will turn on and work.

I wonder is it the whole Nav system problem or screen or.. anyone saw something like this? :)

I tried to pull nav unit out - almost managed it, except for last wire. All connections looks good.

Thank you!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Keep in mind the NAV unit is a separate system that simply integrates into the MFD and H/U-HVAC control panel, i.e. a malfunction in the NAV unit wouldn't cause the MFD to go dark (and/or buttons to blink) because it's part of an independent system.

Sounds more like a wiring/harness issue than a hardware/software issue. Beyond that, I'm not much help without a video of the issue and/or a run-through of the display modes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would also like to know if anyone has figured this out. My wife's car has done this since we bought it about 4 years ago. The only time my wife's has come on is when we were stationed in Colorado and it was really cold, it only came on for about 30 seconds.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, when you turn the car on the logo will display 3 times then the screen will go blank. Also the lights under the screen on the buttons will flash red. So all I need is a new screen?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes, replace the screen. I haven’t fixed mine yet, but based on my research, that has been the resolution to this problem. The dealership told me I need a new navigation unit, which cost $1151.00. Others have reported the dealership told them they needed a new radio. But, when they had it replaced, it did not fix the problem. In the end, they replaced the screen and that fixed it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My wife's car is the limited, which I know has a different screen that the others. Does anyone know what years I can get a screen from that would work? Also is there anyone that repairs them?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts