Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is not a Tribeca specific topic, but for Subaru fans all over, this is quite a shock, but not surprising considering the economic environment.
Maybe this is a good break for Subaru, and when the come back to WRC, they can show the dominance they once had in the early 90's.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yes...quite sad. But it appears that Pro-Drive is going to keep development going. Like mentioned on NASIOC, I really wonder how this will effect development of future STi models. With no WRC, there's really no need for the STi model from the manufacturer's standpoint:(

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the optics are just bad right now as a lot of major manufacturers are cutting back.. ie. Suzuki has pulled out of WRC.. Honda pulling out of F1 and NASCAR is not doing too well as sponsorship is going way down. i am sure in one or two years Subaru will be back, but for now watch as Sebastian Loeb and Citro really racks up the wins, not that Subaru was challenging them anyways.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Think Subaru was making some progress with the new car... Loeb was untouchable though.

·
Registered
127 Posts
crazycanuck said:
I think the optics are just bad right now as a lot of major manufacturers are cutting back.. ie. Suzuki has pulled out of WRC.. Honda pulling out of F1 and NASCAR is not doing too well as sponsorship is going way down. i am sure in one or two years Subaru will be back, but for now watch as Sebastian Loeb and Citro really racks up the wins, not that Subaru was challenging them anyways.
Honda may pull out of MotoGP too... :crying:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Tony999 said:
Really? I didn't see that in the Honda President's statements yesterday. It'd surprise me if they did...Honda's motorcycle division is really their only growth segment right now. And the MotoGP bikes aren't that crazy compared to stock, so I wouldn't think R&D would be that "huge" of an expense.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sad Day

It is a said day for all of us Subaru WRX fans and Rally fans in general.:( This is as bad as the closeout of the Group B days.

All we can do is hope that someone picks the slack and get something going.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Tony999 said:
Sadly I'm a Repsol owner as well as a Tribeca owner... when I first heard I couldn't believe it. This, just after Indy (where I live) FINALY got the MotoGP.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts