Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just joined the group. I bought my first Subaru about 4 years ago and it is time for a new vehicle. I bought a ’98 Impreza Wagon because I was tired of paying $300/month for a truck payment, and the horrendous 12 mpg, which came out to about $270/month in fuel costs. I wanted a car with better gas mileage and no payment, so ended up with my ’98 for $3,400. Sure it had some dings in it and wasn’t the prettiest one out there, but it gets double the gas mileage my truck got.
I didn’t really know much about Subaru’s so started asking around about them and was hearing that they were very reliable, along the lines of Honda and Toyota’s legendary reliability, plus the have AWD standard. A friend of mine told me that his grandpa had a Subaru with 366,000 miles on it and the only reason he had to get a new one was because the frame rusted out on it, otherwise, it still ran great and had never had any problems or repairs, just general maintenance. So, went to give one a test drive one weekend, right after a big snow. I got to the car lot, which had not been plowed, so it had about 6” of snow on it and found the Subaru behind a 4’ wall of snow that had been plowed up to the front and driver’s side from previous snows several weeks earlier. The salesman came out, started up the car and scraped the windows all off, then got in and drove right through all of the snow, never once spinning any of the wheels. I was almost hooked right then and there. I drove it around for a while until I found some fairly deep snow and tested it out. It had no problems in the snow whatsoever. That’s when I decided to buy a Subaru. This one was a bit out of my price range and the guy wouldn’t come down any so eventually I found my current Impreza.
Now, with my wife’s car about to be paid off, it’s time for a new(er) vehicle for me. So for some time I have been trying to decide on what to buy. I really like sitting up higher, and with the Impreza, my rear’s scraping the ground, so I’ve pretty much decided on the Tribeca. Now, I can’t afford a new Tribeca, but I’ve found that I can afford a Limited ’07 or ’08 with 50k miles or less. So here I am, checking out the threads to get as much knowledge about the Tribeca I can before buying.

- Jake Pitcher

·
Registered
31 Posts
I currently own a '08 Tribeca, It has 37k when i brought it and it cost me 19 out of bloomfield, CT, I can not tell you how much I love this car. Came stock with gps and rear view camera, it's room as heck and the ride is super amazing. I'm suprised more people don't have this considering its a Subie and just an amazing car put together.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts