Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Has anyone done a front end conversion from the B9 to the current front end\facelift model yet? Are the parts inter change able? Front guards, bonnet front grille, bumper? I'm thinking of updating my B9.

·
Registered
837 Posts
You would be the first to try it so let us know how it goes. My intuition is that you would need the whole front end, bumper skin and related parts, lights, hood, and fenders. Your best bet is to subaruonlineparts.com and see which part numbers match from the newer models to the older ones.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You would be the first to try it so let us know how it goes. My intuition is that you would need the whole front end, bumper skin and related parts, lights, hood, and fenders. Your best bet is to subaruonlineparts.com and see which part numbers match from the newer models to the older ones.

Any damn I guess I'll be the guinea pig then :( yeah I would need front guards, bonnet, grill , bumper bar, lighting system,. And I was kinda hoping that no other brackets needs modification to fit...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That will be a very expensive conversion my friend.

Is your front end all fubar or something?
She still looks alright but some minor imperfections and I hate to re-polishing my headlights every 4-6 months...

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Don't ditch the alien faced B9, there are so few of them and so cool and different. There is only a couple in my city and I love the looks I get with it. I had a guy in a Maserati come back into a parking lot just to say "What is that?" and then poke and prod around to check it out.

Also, what wheels are those kcv? I like them a lot.

·
Registered
837 Posts
She still looks alright but some minor imperfections and I hate to re-polishing my headlights every 4-6 months...
Let me introduce you to my little friend...used this on our tribeca and it has been going strong for about 3 months now.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just a very rough calculation, but finding an entire front end used is likely impossible, especially in matching color. Used front trim is unlikely as that is where most accidents that sideline a vehicle is due to front impact. Rear or side impacts are repaired or driven that way.

New Front end would be absurd. 300 bumper cover, 300 each fender, 300 each lamp, 100 each fog, another 200 or so in trims. Plus paint.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Its all relative, some people spend $2k on upgrading to Brembo brakes on their wrx or Legacy gt. I know of one gentleman that had a JDM front end shipped to him from japan to the tune of $1900 and it needed work on the hood and different lights and fog lights to be complete. So it is just a matter of how much its worth to you.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Its all relative, some people spend $2k on upgrading to Brembo brakes on their wrx or Legacy gt. I know of one gentleman that had a JDM front end shipped to him from japan to the tune of $1900 and it needed work on the hood and different lights and fog lights to be complete. So it is just a matter of how much its worth to you.
Very true, however, relative to value of car, it's a somewhat odd way to go. The beca is a quality grocery getter, but a grocery getter nonetheless.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Also, what wheels are those kcv? I like them a lot.
Me too. I am looking for replacing rims with bigger ones. I expect also improvement in vehicle dynamic.
Which measure are your tires? Can you give some impression on drivability?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 07' B9. I love the B9 look so much more, and wish I could buy a 2014 with the B9 Front. Our B9 is white with the SE package, every option with only 39k. This vehicle works for us. We also have a 15 Outback, but when my in-laws need to be picked up at the airport, and stay for a month we need that 3rd row seat. We all fit with the luggage. I think we have a lot of life left in our low mile B9, but I often think about the future buying a 2014 with low miles, and change the front from my current one to the new one, and put the 14' front end on my 07' to sell it. I would want to keep my wheels too. I feel like most on here the B9 was ahead of it's time, and this model Subaru is so under rated. I really enjoy driving it. I love seeing the top of the headlights glowing as I'm driving down the road. Getting ready to take a drive from Baltimore to Asheville, NC on the Blue Ridge Parkway. In laws are here from Europe, and all 6 of us are all over the place in our beautiful, head turning B9!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Me too. I am looking for replacing rims with bigger ones. I expect also improvement in vehicle dynamic.
Which measure are your tires? Can you give some impression on drivability?
They are as follows

Wheels: Starcorp Racing Zwinger 22 inch
Tyres: Pirelli Scorpion Zero
Tyre Dimensions 285/35/22

Driveability changes quite a bit. More grip, less road noise, increased precision in steering by 60% ,fuel consumption did not get affected by much probably 2% increase? It suits the car though!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Those are some sweet looking wheels.. Huge 22s but interestingly enough, Don't look THAT big on the Tribeca.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have a 07' B9. I love the B9 look so much more, and wish I could buy a 2014 with the B9 Front. Our B9 is white with the SE package, every option with only 39k. This vehicle works for us. We also have a 15 Outback, but when my in-laws need to be picked up at the airport, and stay for a month we need that 3rd row seat. We all fit with the luggage. I think we have a lot of life left in our low mile B9, but I often think about the future buying a 2014 with low miles, and change the front from my current one to the new one, and put the 14' front end on my 07' to sell it. I would want to keep my wheels too. I feel like most on here the B9 was ahead of it's time, and this model Subaru is so under rated. I really enjoy driving it. I love seeing the top of the headlights glowing as I'm driving down the road. Getting ready to take a drive from Baltimore to Asheville, NC on the Blue Ridge Parkway. In laws are here from Europe, and all 6 of us are all over the place in our beautiful, head turning B9!
I love the Blue Ridge. My mom moved around 9 yrs ago to Hendersonville. It is so beautiful driving thru them.
I actually like the B9 front end as well. And those rims are so nice.

·
Registered
385 Posts
They are as follows

Wheels: Starcorp Racing Zwinger 22 inch
Tyres: Pirelli Scorpion Zero
Tyre Dimensions 285/35/22

Driveability changes quite a bit. More grip, less road noise, increased precision in steering by 60% ,fuel consumption did not get affected by much probably 2% increase? It suits the car though!
Did the 22 inch rims fit without modificatikn?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All,

Has anyone done a front end conversion from the B9 to the current front end\facelift model yet? Are the parts inter change able? Front guards, bonnet front grille, bumper? I'm thinking of updating my B9.
did u do this swapim gonna try

·
Administrator
627 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts