Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any problems with the fuel filler door? Mine won't open. Seems to have tension on the cable, so I don't think it just snapped. But this is only its third week off the lot, so maybe something gave. No sign of any sort of backup release, no mention of a backup in the manuals, and no access to that area from the wheel well / underside. The best I can figure from an online copy of the '06 service book, you have to remove half the interior to get at it from the cargo area. This would be only the second fill-up, and I hate to think the beast will need to go back to the dealer every time it needs gas.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Well that sucks. Before ripping apart the interior, I would have someone hold fuel release lever by the driver's seat and try to open the door by hand using a flat screw driver or slim jim or credit card (something flat). It could be as simple as the gas cap tether stuck around the latch hopefully and the door just won't release.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I would bother trying to fix it yourself. Just take it back to the dealer. That's why we have that 3 year warranty. Please report back with what the cause was. Ours is about 3 weeks old too!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Brien said:
I would bother trying to fix it yourself. Just take it back to the dealer. That's why we have that 3 year warranty. Please report back with what the cause was. Ours is about 3 weeks old too!
Ditto, get the dealer to do it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mine is getting stuck sometimes. I've lubricated the lock it and it is better now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts