Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new Beca owner (2008 LTD) and I am very unimpressed with the sound quality of the "premium" sound system in the vehicle. I was thinking that new speakers might be a good idea. Has anyone changed out their stock speakers? If so did you replace the tweeters and mids along with the so called sub, what size & brand speakers did you use? Have you notice a major change in sound quality?

What size are the stock speakers on the Beca?

·
Registered
552 Posts
B9LTD83...what about labor? Or did you do it yourself? Your quote includes $1435 labor obviously or was just the material $1200 less?

·
Registered
71 Posts
That quote was from Sound Source in Burlington NJ... They are a total rip off on prices and labor. They claim that they do great work, and for the price they offer it at they are justified. I bought the equipment from Crutchfield at $200 less not including the quoted labor, and as for the labor I did it all myself. The biggest pain in the *** is installing the JL Clean Sweep. It makes it possible to install all the add ons you need. My next project is to install a stealth lightbar into the car. lol don't worry i have a permit for it... I'm a volunteer Firefighter....

http://galls.com/style.html?assort=general_catalog&style=DL178

on another note i did get the Optima Yellow top battery... all the electronics and lighting in the subie are much brighter and the flow of power is more steady...

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am not following what you guys are talking about? I am looking for possible stock speaker recommendations.
sorry to lose you amidst my excitement of the sound system... follow this link and it will show you a good idea of what speakers to use...

http://idisk.mac.com/jevangelista3-Public?view=web

Speakers really mean nothing if you don't have the driving force behind it to make it sound good...

I suggest you set the trebble and base to 4 or 5 and have the middle set to --2...

if you choose to go with new speakers go with JL audio... just replacing the speakers will give you a marginal improvement...

it also depends to what you listen to... news radio vs rock vs dance...

mind you if you have the 9 spkr subie it will sound better b/c you have the "subwoofer in the back"... stay away from the under the seat sub... its a waste of money...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. Can you resend the link for some reason I can't open the one you sent me on my MacBook.

I was thinking of switching the front door speakers with a pair of MB Quart speakers that I found on eBay. They MBQuats intro level speakers and have an operating range of 40-150 watts, so my thinking was that they should not require an additional amp to power them.

So your saying that best this to do is just change the mid, tebble and bass setting rather than getting new speakers?

Are you (or anyone out there) aware of the stock radios power rating, or where to find this type of information?

·
Registered
552 Posts
The "Premium" stereo in the LTD B9s is rated for 160W, so that would be 40W/channel. But I also believe this to be "peak" rating as opposed to "RMS" which is probably in the 15-20W per channel range.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts