Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the Trebeca for a couple of months now and we are thrilled with it. I have two other Subi's (92 Legacy and a 94 Turbo sport sedan) that I just can'tpart with cause they won't die. I have done most of the maintainece myself over the years. Anyway, the plugs in the Trebeca are along the frame (I think) and would be/could be a difficust task for the do it your selfer. Any body done this yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am told by my salesman, that the plugs on the B9 are crap due to some domestic content requirement. He recommended bringing the car in to change them at 30K at which point he said the (much better) NGK's would be installed by the delership. Can anybody confirm or deny this? I am very tempted to pull a plug just to prove him wrong...

·
449 Posts
I have not pulled any plugs yet but I doubt they are domestic. I'll ask around to see though, now you have my curisoty up. I can tell you when I change the plugs in two different H6 motors on outbacks they were NGK,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks, Peaty,

I am somewhat dubious of the claim as well. It could be a way to drum up some business for the service department, after the money they may have lost on the B9 sale ;). Yet this particular guy, being a car salesman and all, I do trust more than any other in his field...

Thanks for a ton of great posts here and at scoobymods, Peaty. I'will follow your lead in installing tranny cooler as soon as I get the subybucks for it :). You directions are better than the service manuals I am used to following while diy wrenching ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts