Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Anybody other than Rising_Sun played around with sound deadening their Tribeca?

https://www.sb9t.com/forums/6-members-journals/4052-rising_sun-build-thread.html

I've had all four doors done and they are now busy threading fish tank tubing into the rubbers on all 5 doors.

The doors I did so the speakers are not fighting any possible door panel vibrations. So was not expecting sound deadening but rather better speaker performance.

The tubing is to try and reduce the wind noise which is by far my biggest problem. (Up to 95db measure on the vent in front of the info panel in the middle.) In hind sight we should have done this first...

I'm not sure this is going to make the car quiet at all, but will help me identify the next loudest sound.

I suspect that there is a lot of road noise coming through the firewall but am not sure to add deadening in the wheel arches rather than adding deadening to the footwells.

When all is quiet in the car I can hear noise coming from the rear/boot.

Once the tubing is done I'll do some more tests to see if any of it was worth it.

My goal is to improve audio quality at highway speeds. The sound of the stock system is not great but acceptable to me for the amount of time I spend in the car. The audio quality deteriorates very quickly once you approach highway speeds.

Regards
Paul

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Largest noise problem we ever had was a bad rear wheel bearing. Makes it sound like a lot of road noise, but really is just a noisy bearing. Eventually after a few years got load enough to sound like a jet engine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts