Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 B9 tribeca
brake pedal drops almost to floor at stop lights. replaced master cyl with new one and still does same thing.

Thoughts?

thanks Tim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Brakes dropping to the floor.

Do you have a code on the odometer face such as BB or bb. It means faulty brake booster. Mine is illuminated as I type this. I have the same symptom.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Error Code Er bb

After doing another job on the car the other day, then reading this at night....the next day i received the (Error Code) Er bb code on the odometer.
My issue was sort of opposite though. The brakes worked fine for the initial push but then got rock hard if the pedal was pumped.
Anyway, after looking around I found that I had knocked the Brake Vacuum Sensor line off accidentally.
I do not know if this would be part of your problems considering the pedal is soft not hard, but here are some diagrams that you can check the Brake Vacuum Pump system to see if it is in fact causing your problem.....Don't jump straight to the Brake Booster just because the code shows "bb" there are other parts that assist the system.

Check to make sure all lines are connected and dont have cracks or splits where the vacuum would not be a tight system.(3)(5)(8)
The vacuum pipe is metal, see if its corroded and that the joints haven't split. (4)
All clamps are on properly. (9)'s
Check the vacuum pump sensor electrical plug. (7)
Check the vacuum pump is actually working. (1)
Check the vacuum pump relay is not faulty. (1)<Page 2

Other than that it points to something else....sorry

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tribeca booster code bb

Thanks Nuke. I will be changing the front rt side caliper in the morning. Changed the lft side already. Your help is awesome. Thanks for the diagrams as well. I'll post the results of all I learn.

·
Registered
4 Posts
stiff pedal in low outside temperatures

Anybody know why the brakes are so stiff when it is cold? (Chicago) The wife very nearly crashed the 2006 Tribeca tonight. I read in one other thread that the vacuum check valve gets stuck and needs some wd-40. What gives? Oh yeah, by the way, how is a bb code reset. I had the brake booster replaced as well as the master cylinder (which was the main problem) and the code never reset. I checked the vacuum at the booster and it was fine. The relay was good and the pump is working. Any ideas? I also flushed the brake fluid system, replaced the front calipers, pads, rotors, & hoses last April during the aforementioned repairs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Tribeca booster code bb

Thanks Nuke. I will be changing the front rt side caliper in the morning. Changed the lft side already. Your help is awesome. Thanks for the diagrams as well. I'll post the results of all I learn.
I know it’s been a while but I have same problem. You figure out what was wrong?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts