Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,768 Posts
Mid 90's cars are now 26 years old. In the mid 80's, that's like seeing a 50's chevy. Rare then! Time has just marched on. My cars have consistently made it to 11-12 years old and about 150-175k at which point I am ready to move on. Most people do that by 7 years old. My 2010 legacy GT is getting close to that point, but is still in great shape so will probably go another 3 years. Our Tribeca was at 175k and 11 years old when we sold it and got the Ascent. Nothing major wrong, but maintenance was getting higher, and didn't want to risk a major issue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Don't judge me too harshly, and I don't think this is going to happen any time in the immediate future, but I think the vehicle that's going to eventually replace my Tribeca is.............
a Tesla Model Y.
Like the Tribeca, it has 3 rows of seating (and like the Tribeca, the 3rd row isn't great!). Plus 3500 lb towing capacity, and similar range between fill-ups.
I have had at least one Subaru at any given moment in the last 30 years, from a '78 wagon up to the Tribeca, and I do still have my BRAT and Fuji Rabbit scooters, but my main putt-around-town car is a Nissan Leaf, and I have come to appreciate the total lack of gas station trips. No oil changes, no transmission either. The Leaf gets driven for 95% of the trips, and the Tribeca gets the other 5% of trips -- more than 5 people, more than 75 miles, camping, towing, etc.
 
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Top