Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. Has anyone moved on to an Ascent and never looked back?

·
Administrator
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, us. But I do look back occasionally, as evidenced by this post :)
😁 What makes you look back? What are your likes and dislikes of each? I don't think I would go Ascent until a few of my cars are dead. I am stretched kind of thin. I wonder how they will fare in the used car market eventually. Gives me something to think about.....to "Ascend" to one day.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I only look back because I learned enough about the tribeca, and this group is small. But I won't ever move back to a tribeca. The Ascent is a much better car. But it could be a great car for one of my kids in a few years?

No reason to move to the Ascent if you are stretched.

The best thing to me about the ascent is eyesight and all the safety that gives the car.

·
Administrator
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I only look back because I learned enough about the tribeca, and this group is small. But I won't ever move back to a tribeca. The Ascent is a much better car. But it could be a great car for one of my kids in a few years?

No reason to move to the Ascent if you are stretched.

The best thing to me about the ascent is eyesight and all the safety that gives the car.
Thanks for this. We are getting older and seating 7 is no longer really that important. It's a nice to have during crunch time though.

·
Administrator
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh boy it's ON!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ascent is new and supported and on warranty. If that is what people want and can afford - by all means.
Though - quality(judging by those mentioned forum posts) is disputable...

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Show me a car forum that doesn't have those problems. Especially a new car model. We had the serpentine belt break on us. Subaru fixed it, paid for our uber home and towing, and threw in the 7 year/100k gold warranty when I asked for free. I was impressed!

·
Registered
32 Posts
tdelker, serpentine belt on Tribeca or Ascent?

Subaru dealerships (I can talk about one I use and friends comments on his) are good. I have been in two nissan dealerships... those guys are waaaay worse :)))

But if Subaru realeases new model and it has problemas right from the beginning(fuel pump on turbocharged car........???????) - I don't want to participate in beta testing with my money on NEW car. On other hand - I am not american and I am not typical client they would want :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I moved away from a '14 Outback to an '11 Tribeca because of the CVT. The 'beca only had 50K and looked brand new. I love Subie but will never own another CVT car. So that's a big fat NO on an Ascent for me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
CVT's are evolving (as everything else)... but I would say that problem is "interpreting" the very idea of it. Ideally(to my understanding) CVT should keep engine at most efficient (or powerful - depending on throttle position) rpm-s... from what I have heard - just Subaru Justy had it like that. All others try to simulate gears... then why bother, right? :)))

in case of Ascents and Tribecas (tuning wise) - on Ascent even basic ecu tune on 93gas has to limit torque output, because CVT is slippin'........
Tribecas 5eat, without serious work, can withstand 500hp (so - at least twice as stock). According to rumours - even 800...

p.s. to CVT's defense - - this shows CVT used on track... so... probably with some work it can be useful :)))

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yea, I know all about how 'efficient' they are, how much better gas mileage they get, etc, etc etc. I drove a stick for 25 years until my left knee didn't like it anymore. My main grip is the Subaru 'soul' is not there anymore with the CVT. It's not the same car to drive. I'm a diehard Subie guy and I see nothing but old cars in my future. However, since the 'beca only has 54K on it and the previous owners didn't drive it much, I'd say I have a fair amount of time in this vehicle left. If something happens, I will go back to an older Subie or get another F150.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've been looking and will likely have one in a year or two unless I find a nice rust free Tribeca in line with how I buy vehicles which is unlikely.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts