Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
So got the starter issue sorted out....was ready to drive to muffler shop and address an exhaust issue...started it up....it shifts, but it won't move....stuck on the drive way. Not sure if I need to clear codes.....arghlll

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
So, this epic journey has ended in defeat

Was all set to start up and go for a test drive. Started without issue.....exhaust was damn loud, but that was to be expected with flange issue.
Put in reverse...shifter moved without issue...didn't budge, put it in drive...nothing...put it in neutral....didn't roll back in the slightest...

At this point, I had to pass this along to the experts. Had it towed to a transmission shop that's highly recommended (will probably cost me an arm and a leg).
So, I want to thank everyone for their help, advice, guidance and patience. I've swamped this board with my blog of ineptitude......learned alot, bought alot of tools (which I may not ever be allowed to use) and actually had some fun. But it came at the cost of lots of time I could have used with my family, borrowing in-laws car, and some good ribbing from my friends.

Mechanic will be able to look at it on Monday and hopefully the diagnosis isn't terminal. This was my white whale.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I'm sorry! We have all had that experience at some point. I feel that's how I have learned. I hope it's something simple with the shifter link to the transmission!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Me too..me and my wallet are praying for that.
Still waiting for an open hoist at the tranny shop. Been sitting there since Friday...they said they would get to it for Wednesday.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
So the tranny shop finally got back to me (after the Tribeca waiting since last Friday)...They basically are going to order a new TC, do the job from beginning to end and not be detectives and see if its a simpler issue. It sucks, but it's towed to their place, given the work involved in changing a TC, they don't want to take everything apart, put it back together and then find out its a bad TC. Just got to swallow this loss, and hope at the end of the day they don't come back and say it's not the TC, its the transmission.....

41 - 45 of 45 Posts