Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed several rust spots on my 06 TriBeCa and am curious if anyone else is seeing this. It is most prominent on the rear bumper by the rear hatch door. They are small circular specs but are located on the doors and other areas. Seems unrealistic to have this issue only 5 years into ownership with all advancements in body and paint. I have read some other comments regarding the paint, but Im not sure if this is related. Any feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ive read a bunch of rusting issues with the white and ghosting with the gold...SOA seems to be taking care of it...def take to dealer and pitch-a-beeaaatch!!

·
Registered
630 Posts
NatetheSkate said:
Ive read a bunch of rusting issues with the white and ghosting with the gold...SOA seems to be taking care of it...def take to dealer and pitch-a-beeaaatch!!
Did Subaru repair everything and when did you first take action on the damage, recently or ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Rear bumper = plastic, rear hatch I'm 99% sure is aluminum. Neither can/should rust.

I get it too, but I think its an aerodynamic issue and involves crap being spit out of the exhaust and thrown onto the back of the car. All my "rust" spots wash off.

C

·
Registered
80 Posts
My 08's rear hatch is 99% magnetic.....whether there is a "magnetic aluminum", I am 99% not sure..... by the way, aluminums don't rust but they do corrode.....

chrisinky said:
Rear bumper = plastic, rear hatch I'm 99% sure is aluminum. Neither can/should rust.

I get it too, but I think its an aerodynamic issue and involves crap being spit out of the exhaust and thrown onto the back of the car. All my "rust" spots wash off.

C

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'll have to check, I know when I was test driving some Subie wagons the dealer couldn't use the magnetic temp tag holder on the rear of the car because the hatch was alum.

C

·
Registered
80 Posts
On the '08 Tribeca, the panel where the license tag attaches is plastic or some composite material (must be the same material as the bumper) but the hatch door itself is magnetic. Must be nice if it was aluminum, it would have been a couple of pounds lighter.

chrisinky said:
I'll have to check, I know when I was test driving some Subie wagons the dealer couldn't use the magnetic temp tag holder on the rear of the car because the hatch was alum.

C

·
Registered
80 Posts
Anyway, in response to the original poster, isn't it that Subaru has a "Lifetime Rust Warranty".... someone here will confirm or correct me if I'm wrong.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts