Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello!

1) anybody has installed upsized battery in mighty Tribeca - any suggestions on sizes? Tribeca has class 35 size, but there is class 24 which is 3cm(1inch) longer...
2) since it drained during night (after jumpstarting) - I want to check it for drain, but I couldn't find in FSM - how much time for car to get to sleep (to properly measure drain)?
friend of mine says that subaru goes to sleep in 5minutes... yes/no/maybe?

·
Administrator
737 Posts
Hello!

1) anybody has installed upsized battery in mighty Tribeca - any suggestions on sizes?
2) since it drained during night (after jumpstarting) - I want to check it for drain, but I couldn't find in FSM - how much time for car to get to sleep (to properly measure drain)?
You could always get a DC clamp meter to isolate your drain, provided you really think there is a current draw. They are pretty cheap these days.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
clamp meter is not an issue (though I don't have one yet - sooooo... I am gonna shopppp for new toy :DDD
question is about - how soon all the units go to sleep in the car. some cars have units which don't sleep for 30-40minutes or even hour. so - I might be measuring current while it is by design, not by some kind of failure :D

·
Administrator
737 Posts
clamp meter is not an issue (though I don't have one yet - sooooo... I am gonna shopppp for new toy :DDD
question is about - how soon all the units go to sleep in the car. some cars have units which don't sleep for 30-40minutes or even hour. so - I might be measuring current while it is by design, not by some kind of failure :D
Lol, they are pretty useful.

I understand your question now. Yeah like on my VW TDI the radio shuts off after an hour.

What complex project do you have up your sleeve now?

🤣

Just messing with you. I see what you are up to.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
replacing battery. gonna check whether class 24 fits - if yes, then for the same price I basically get approx 30% larger capacity (judging by numbers).

projects and ideas - always flying around :D first gotta finish that strut bar project :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts