Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I bought a 2006 B9 June 2010. This was the first car I bought through a dealer. Here is a time line of the problems.

The dealer gave me a list of garages to have the car inspected. I chose 1. I called the garage in question. (for an update). They had no idea about the car or if it was even there. I suspect the dealer is sleeping with this garage and the car never even made it there. They probably just faxed an OK to the dealer.

I asked to make sure the AC filters were replaced I was told they were. First problem was no AC right out of the lot. So the inspection missed it and the dealer lied to me. I had to travel back 130 km back to the garage to have them replace the filters.

Next I noticed the hood doesn't latch when closed, the brakes started to squeak like mad and I found rust on the the roof. The car was sold to me rust free. Not to mention I had paid (wifes insistence) to buy the full blown 5 year + service warranty which cost about 4000$ or more. Now I find rust on one wiper arm. I started to have problems with the wiper blades not cleaning the window (was actually quite dangerous) so I made an appointment to have all 3 replaced. I asked to have the wiper arm replaced under warranty due to the rust they said ok when they called for the appointment and I went they didn't have the arm and forgot to replace the rear blade. Next the little shocks which hold open the trunk door will start to come down a little when it's to cold outside. I also just noticed the rear brakes are starting to squeak.

I called the dealer yesterday and he gave me the "we have to draw the line somewhere we can't fix every little rock chip" etc then told me to go to Canada tire or VW to buy some bosh wiper blades I I told him bosh or crappy new ones should work for and hour at least. I'm fed up with this dealer and their BS like most dealers I can't stand them but for the money I spent on this thing I want better service.

now that I vented what should I do. I want to file a complaint with Subaru Canada.

Sorry for the long winded rant

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jaycee I did buy it from a Subaru dealer here in Montreal Quebec. And from what I gathered was top notch as the owner of the dealership also deals in exotics like lotus lambos and a host of classic cars even jags and volvos...

another problem I'm having is the car won't start sometimes. I take the key out, wait a second insert the key try to start it and the dash lights go crazy and nothing happens take about 6 tries before it starts. Beginning to think the car is a poor model...to be honest we have lots of snow up here my beater is a 1992 AWD Toyota Corrola it handles much better in the snow with marginal tires then the B9 with 1000$ Micheline Latitudes ....Just fed up. And thanks for listening...If the car didn't cost me so much I wouldn't care if things didn't work 100% but if I fork over as much as I have I want the service to be proportional not to mention I have to drive through some of the worst Montreal traffic and drivers just to get to the dealer...

thanks again

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I'm thinking it wouldn't hurt to get SOA involved, but not sure what they can do for you. Did you buy the SOA backed extended warranty?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
to be honest I have look up exactly what warranty I have all I know is it is bumper to bumper 5 years every thing covered 100% except oil changes and wiper blades etc. I also paid for the 500$ rust proofing on top of the extended 4000$ warranty. If rust is showing on the wiper arm which was there before I bought the car the dealer should replace it not to mention the old blades and the new blades cant clean the window if its cold out I get a frozen patch right in the drivers field of view...the guy that sold me the car said "I don't know why it's doing that I'm not a mechanic" then hes said I should go to VW for the bosh blades give me a break. Does Subaru suck so bad they cant even stock up on some decent blades....this is John Scotti by the way. All I want them to say is sure bring it in will get you sorted out...right now I feel like just dropping the car off and tell them I want my cash back.

ok time to chill...dealers get me all torqued up...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.