Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The difference is:
1. information which is displayed or
2. the screen is different mechanically.

I was asking about the second point.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes, it is an entirely different physical screen. Without the NAV the display screen is different and not capable of displaying "video", nor is it the touch screen.

·
449 Posts
Yes they are very different. The navi is more of true monitor. The navi can display the DVD player and there are other screens with settings. I didn't realize this when I opted to not get the Navigation. I think I would have gone for the navi if I knew about the other things the screen could do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it possible to put a navigation screen, navigation unit and backup camera from 07 Tribeca (which is damaged in an accident) to 06 Tribeca with RES?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Good questions. If I found a wrecked B9 w/ navi, would it be a direct PNP with my non navi B9? I'm wondering the same on my 08 Impreza since my trim level didn't have a navi option.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I don't believe it would be direct plug and play b/c it has different wiring harnesses. Plus you need the navi DVD controller that goes under the front seat and that wiring harness as well.

Magic, on your Impreza I would definitely go with an aftermarket navi unit. The imprezas have a standard double-din radio which you can get better/cheaper aftermarket units. The only thing you would lose would be the steering wheel controls.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts