Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
HB_Dad said:
You heard wrong. Since when is a dealer or sales manager ever accurate on future product? :lol:
Where did the 3.6 come from?

I, also, heard that it will get telescoping steering wheel which I think it can use now.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hey all,

I took a stab at the '08 Tribeca myself:

My Subaru inside sources have all verifed the image as being "Certainly close".

If somebody wants to take this and give it the "professional" treatment, it'd be appreciated!

As for 3.6, Subaru has gone on record saying this is what they'll be offering, and they announced this before the Tribeca even debuted. Also, a 3.6 6 cylinder sounds more mathematically logical, don't you think? ;)

·
Registered
196 Posts
HB_Dad said:
Hey all,
As for 3.6, Subaru has gone on record saying this is what they'll be offering, and they announced this before the Tribeca even debuted. Also, a 3.6 6 cylinder sounds more mathematically logical, don't you think? ;)
Yes, I agree that a 3.6 is logicall since all the competition is 3.5-3.7ish liter engines. I heard about the 3.3 mid last year (back when I was still a WRX owner). A 3.3 made sense to me because it could have just been a stroked 3.0. But I'm sure that a 3.6 will be bigger all around. They should go for 300 hp if they go with the 3.6. That would nudge them above the rest of the field. Plus, 87 oct is for pansies and if you want to save money on gas you should buy a Prius. :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
I updated this image again. I mocked up (by freehand) the grille as being the supposed final grille that floated around recently. I also added front and rear treatments from the '08 WRX as well.

Its still a crappy chop, but it might be even closer.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
HB_Dad said:
I updated this image again. I mocked up (by freehand) the grille as being the supposed final grille that floated around recently. I also added front and rear treatments from the '08 WRX as well.

Its still a crappy chop, but it might be even closer.
The new 08 front end looks like a Chrysler Pacifica.

·
Registered
1 Posts
yes first time i saw it i thought it was a chrysler product. we have an '06 first year they came out and we love it. but that front end is god awful

·
Registered
308 Posts
The '08 was styled after the Forester look, not the Pacifica - there just happened to be similarity between them.

I didn't like the look of the '06 when it first came out, then, when the '08 came out, I thought it looked too bland, and realized that the '06/07 nose had grown on me, so I bought an '07.

Now I like them both.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I was just replying to mszlashta... :) He/She is new here, so I didn't want to seem rude by pointing out the age of the thread. Just trying to be helpful.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Possible to modify?

I really love the '06-'07 grill, has anyone tried to retrofit a new Tribeca with a replacement old style grill?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts