Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a D9 Tribeca (original body style). When I first got it, XM and Sirius had not merged and I didn't like the XM channels, so even though the car came with XM, I had an aftermarket Sirius unit installed (the kind you stick on the windshield). Now that they are merged, I want to use the stock unit.

Here is my problem... apparently there is a wire that connects the XM unit to the XM antenna. When I got my aftermarket Sirius unit installed, they removed this wire for some reason, and no one knows where I can get a replacement. The car stereo place said that it is not a standard type of wire, and the dealer ship said that it is not on the available parts list. They can get me a new antenna for $100, but they cannot say for sure if it would have this connecting wire included with it. The place who installed the Sirius is out of business, so I cannot check with them, and I even tried contacting Clarion (the manufacturer of the stock unit) with no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Well without knowing what your Sirius installer cut, there's not much help we can offer. Also FYI, the stock head unit is made by Panasonic...not Clarion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing was cut...they took out a connector wire that connects the head unit to the antenna. Both the head unit and the antenna wire have the same, female looking connection with a pink colored ring around the plastic part of the connection (i guess they are color-coded to let the installer know what to hook to what), but the wire that has a male connection on each end and joins them is missing.

Are you sure about Panasonic? The shop let me look at the back of the unit and it said Clarion.

Does that help?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hmm...I was pretty sure the non-navi is Panasonic from what people have done here dismantling theres. The navi system is Kenwood, that's for sure.\

Regarding your missing harness, I just tried looking through some parts explosions on subarugenuineparts.com and I couldn't find the wire you're missing. My guess is that since the XM is a dealer installed accessory, the missing male-male harness is probably part of the kit and not available individually:(

Perhaps you can ask a dealer to see the XM accessory install directions, it probably lists all the parts that come in the kit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice and for checking on that for me! I will get with the dealer and see if they have this...

This is quite frustrating, as I've been paying for XM for over a month now and can't listen to it.... not to mention the multiple trips to the dealer, stereo shop, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There is a small (less than 24'') black cable with mini coax type connectors at each end that goes from the XM unit to the antenna. I just installed the Ipod interface and removed that entire assembly. I doubt you are going to find the cable by itself since it comes with the XM unit. Also, the head unit on the nav equiped cars is made by Panasonic, the nav system is kenwood, and the XM unit is Clarion...so much for simplicity :lol:

I might be posting the XM unit with cable for sale in the next couple of days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts