Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the other day the rubber cover over the rear latch has a 1" tear in it. I'm kinda surprised to see it come apart on a fairly new '08. We do open the rear hatch several times a day so it gets a lot of use. But the rubber seems so thin and prone to deteriorate. I'm really surprised to see such a poor material or grade of rubber was used by Subaru. I know we'll be able to get it replaced under the warranty. I'm just curious if others have seen it come apart too.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Brien said:
I noticed the other day the rubber cover over the rear latch has a 1" tear in it. I'm kinda surprised to see it come apart on a fairly new '08.
Just a couple of months ago I noticed the same on my now-4-yr-old '06 model. Hasn't affected the opening of the hatch, though I will keep an eye on it.

I haven't noticed any other rubber surface deteriorating, and the desert heat is killer on rubber out here.

-Karen in AZ-

·
Registered
25 Posts
The rubber cover over the rear hatch open button is torn on mine!

Also, the rear hatch refused to open today with either the remote or by manually pressing the unlatch button on the rear hatch. I had to climb in the back, remove the plastic cover and manually open the rear hatch from the inside.

Has anyone had this problem and how did they fix it? I'm assuming that I need a new rear hatch switch, but since the remote doesn't operate it (it gives me two long beeps when I press the hatch button) either, I'm wondering if it is more involved than that.

Any assistance is appreciated!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The replacement rubber latch cover is now breaking down too. I'm thinking we're only getting about 2-years of use before it starts to deteriorate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts