1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't my first Subaru but it is my first Tribeca so plz be patient . lol
I just bought a 2014 with 76000kms
So far I really like it .
I have added a Class 3 hitch . I don't tow a lot but when I do it's usually a box trailer to get some lumber or tow an ATV. A couple times a year I tow my fishing boat which with fuel weighs approx. 2000 lbs.
I don't tow it far , maybe 30 miles one way and I don't live in a particularly hilly are.
Would you suggest a trans cooler ?

Another quick question is what other people's RPM is at 100 km/h .(60mph).
Mine is about 2100 rpm which is a little higher than I expected.

Thx in advance

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
There is already a built in transmission cooler as part of the radiator. You don't need anything more based on what you describe.

Re: RPM - what is your concern? If the transmissions is locked up (that is, let the gas off, then push on gas. Revs should change with speed, not with gas pedal) it's working normally. They only think you can do is make sure you have the right size tires to change speed to RPM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is already a built in transmission cooler as part of the radiator. You don't need anything more based on what you describe.

Re: RPM - what is your concern? If the transmissions is locked up (that is, let the gas off, then push on gas. Revs should change with speed, not with gas pedal) it's working normally. They only think you can do is make sure you have the right size tires to change speed to RPM.
Based on my last vehicle the rpm just seems a little high for a 6 cyl vehicle.Transmission is very smooth so it's hard to tell if torque converter is locking .
I was hoping someone with the same vehicle could confirm that the rpm was the same as they experience with their vehicle.
I other cars I've owned you could see a 3-400 reduction in rpm when the converter locked up

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Should there be a difference in rpm when in 5th gear at 80 kmh in Sport mode or in automatic?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts