Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I managed to find a store on ebay that sells the C30 and C38 supercharger that Cobb Tuning put together in a performance package a few years back for the 06-07 B9. The problem is that Cobb won't release and type of documentation, install help or otherwise.

Does anyone have any hints on mounting solutions or tuning once the charger is in?

I think slapping on 100rwhp is worth the $2k and all the hassle that goes along with it. I'll be happy to share the results when I'm done.

·
Registered
164 Posts
sounds adventurous. i'd be interested but i've been down the tuning path previously...it gets expensive pretty quickly. to drive the tribeca safely with an extra 100hp would take brakes, suspension and maybe trans upgrades. add in the cost of the supercharger/install and you're looking at 4 or 5k. don't let that discourage you though! this would be an awesome project.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am going to order a kit online soon from http://www.chargertech.nl/ :D
...It is more expensive but has alot of the necessary goods. In your case, I think that the most difficult task would be properly mounting that sucker in there. In your case your going to need a custom bracket... If I were you I would go to a reputable tuning company in your area and have the surgery performed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments. Considering my engineering background and have built a turbo charged Legacy (almost from the ground up), I feel pretty confident about understand the principals but indeed I have never installed or performed long term testing on a C30/38 and hope I can find some insight.

For me it's about curiousity and managing to repeat what someone else did at least once so far. I'm hearing a lot of "no's" everywhere I go. That makes me even hungrier to make this happen.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
You'll have to do a daily posting with pics during the project. It's mandatory!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts