Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at buying a Tribeca but I need to be able to put a roof top cargo box on it. (To keep my wet windsurf gear.) When the trunk of the Tribeca opens the spoilers stands straight up and I'm worried that a long box won't fit. (I wish the glass on the trunk opened independantly like my '91 Explorers did.) If you have a roof top box could you please let me know which model it is and how well it works?

TIA!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. I wasn't aware that Subie made their own. But that one is too wide for me. I need to be able to put the boards up there too. So I need a narrow one.

·
Registered
180 Posts
we have a yakima long box, the longest on they make, and only single wide. worked great on our forester but not so well on the beca. too long for it's adjustability. at its furthest forward position it still hit the rear spoiler when the back door is opened. i was either going to look into getting a new one or was going to afix a piece of soft fabric or carpet onto the back of the carrier and protect the spoiler.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a Thule Evolution 1800 that fits great with the thule load bars. Thule makes a narrower version of this that should work fine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm... The longest box Yakima makes is 93" and the Evolution 1800 is listed at 91.3". But the difference in contact and no contact can be a micron. Thanks for the info folks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
andrec said:
I have a Thule Evolution 1800 that fits great with the thule load bars. Thule makes a narrower version of this that should work fine.
Do you have a model # on the bars you are using? We already have a thule box that we had on our Outback but when we bought the Tribeca it didnt have the crossbars, and if I am gonna spend money I would rather get the thule ones.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Here are the links to Amazon.com for the foot packs and load bars...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006HAPRA

The load bars are no longer available from Amazon, but here is the description:

Thule RB53 Rapid Aero Aluminum Roof Rack Load Bars 53-Inch, Set of 2

They come off of the car in minutes and only have a very slight noise, DONT get the square Thule Load bars with the different foor packs, they howl like a Banshee!

·
Registered
50 Posts
andrec said:
Here are the links to Amazon.com for the foot packs and load bars...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006HAPRA

The load bars are no longer available from Amazon, but here is the description:

Thule RB53 Rapid Aero Aluminum Roof Rack Load Bars 53-Inch, Set of 2

They come off of the car in minutes and only have a very slight noise, DONT get the square Thule Load bars with the different foor packs, they howl like a Banshee!
You say not to get the square bars but by that picture the foot packs look like they only accept square bars.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts