Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one here have any luck w/removing the roof rack rails. I think the roof lines would be much cleaner & I won't ever have things attached to the roof anyways. I've got an 08 BTW, but I doubt there's much difference between the years.

Anyone?

Thx.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I'm not sure, but I'd bet if you asked your dealer to do it they would.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I don't think the rack on the 08 is removeable. For 08 they changed it to come with bars that run the length of the car and then you get the crossbars separately. The 06/07 models you just got a small pair of crossbars that mount directly to the roof.

If they are in fact removeable, you would need to get some cover plates to cover the mounting points.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
snork said:
I don't think the rack on the 08 is removeable. For 08 they changed it to come with bars that run the length of the car and then you get the crossbars separately. The 06/07 models you just got a small pair of crossbars that mount directly to the roof.

If they are in fact removeable, you would need to get some cover plates to cover the mounting points.
Ahhhh..... I am corrected.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I have a funny feeling the hold down bolts are tightened from under the headliner, between the roof & rack, but I thought I'd ask here first before really looking. The roof rack has to be removable some how, though. The strips shouldn't be a problem I'd purchase a strip & cut to length to fill the open spots.

Thx again.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Check out the rails, see if there's any obvious covers, panels or mouldings. On the 06/07, the covers at the base of the crossbars unsnap to expose the bolts which hold it down to the roof.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts