Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In preparing for a future road trip, I found a use for the extended cargo carrier. Does anyone have any experience with this concerning wind noise, ease of install, taking down and actual room gained?

I have an 07 with no rails, so those racks will need to be purchased as well. I see it as a simply "plug and play", anyone have other opinions on this as well?

Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I sold my Tribeca and have a set of roof racks, a factory air filter with 40 miles on it and a genuine Subaru tranny filter worth $45. Will sell together or separate. Roof racks on Ebay are $157. I'll take $100 for the racks plus shipping if you're interested.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm certainly interested. Racks just go on the top without any other materials needed, correct?

The only thing is I was using the Subaru bucks on these. I might take you up if I end up needing other things that I can earmark the bucks towards, and get yours outright.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I bought a hitch mount cargo carrier plus cargo bag for about $180 total. It works great and didn't rattle around like I thought it would. Nice feature about it is that it is not in the airstream.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hawker800mech said:
I bought a hitch mount cargo carrier plus cargo bag for about $180 total. It works great and didn't rattle around like I thought it would. Nice feature about it is that it is not in the airstream.
Thanks for the reply Hawk. I didnt even think about this as an option. Which one did you go for?

·
Registered
31 Posts
njjuliano said:
I'm certainly interested. Racks just go on the top without any other materials needed, correct?

The only thing is I was using the Subaru bucks on these. I might take you up if I end up needing other things that I can earmark the bucks towards, and get yours outright.

Thanks for the reply.
Correct, the racks just bolt right on there are 4 plastic covers over the bolt holes. Just pop them out with a small straight screwdriver. I have the bolts as well. I also used a hitch mounted tray, you can fit 4 lg. rubbermaid totes on it and cinch them down with ratchet straps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts