Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
From http://www.thelinuxblog.com/open-source-tuning-with-romraider/ :

If you like living on the edge and can get over the risks it would totally be worth it. The consequences may not be for the faint hearted though:

-An unreadable/unusable ECU.
-A blown motor and its subsequent damage.
-Unexpected behavior on the road or track that may cause injury or death to the user as well as others.
-Violation of local and/or federal laws due to the modification of the factory ECU.

·
Registered
12 Posts
romrainder

i know alot of people tuning other subarus with romraider with very good results i hear it is very user friendly but any tuning software can be dangerous if you are not familiar with tuning Ecus i would recommend finding a local tuning shop and see if they would dyno or street tune your car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I got the Tatrix II cable and have been working with a tuner to help solve some issues. We are on rom v13 at the moment.

It is definitely interesting, but we have made no progress on the issues that I have. He's still adamant that there is something mechanical wrong with the car, because it is pinging badly. So we are in the process of eliminating possible causes.

The tune he uses makes the accelerator very aggressive and does make the car seem more alive with minimal throttle input, but I have seen very little overall gains in performance. Also the pinging has been tuned out.

I just find that whatever you do, you are fighting the gearbox all the way. It just does not want to work with the car in normal mode. Sport mode suits it better but I still think the gearing on it should have been changed to better suit the weight of the car and the high revving nature of the engine.

However, I will wait until we find the reason why she is pinging so badly, until I give my final verdict on whether tuning (for performance) is worth while on the B9.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts