Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally bought a bottle and wanted to do a quick write up. I stopped using Armor All a long time ago and was waiting for just the right product. I decided to finally try it on the loaner I got from the dealer. The results were as I expected and I really like it. Not too shiny, but restores a nice finish.

Here is what the dealer gave me as a loaner. It's old, but it ran well and I've never driven an Outback Sedan before.

Here is the product I used.

Shot of the dashboard results

I also tried it on the steering wheel

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hmm...I've never seen that sort of product before. I too haven't used Armor All since the 90s...it's too shiny. I think this product is best suited to an "older" car with a less well maintained interior and some mild UV discoloration. It does restore that ole Outback's interior quite nicely.

I don't use anything to clean my cars' interior other than a moist shammy. The trick IMHO is to never let the car get so dirty/dull in the first place:) But I'm a stickler for clean interiors...you can eat off my dash:D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Tire Shine?

Anybody have good results on the tire shine to use? Most like to splatter well after the proper settling time. Usually I'll apply let it dry then apply again and let it dry. I drive and then its all over the side of my car. Multiple products used... Have yet to find the one that makes me smile:confused:

·
Registered
552 Posts
B9LTD83 said:
Anybody have good results on the tire shine to use? Most like to splatter well after the proper settling time. Usually I'll apply let it dry then apply again and let it dry. I drive and then its all over the side of my car. Multiple products used... Have yet to find the one that makes me smile:confused:
I like Armor All tire foam cleaner/shine (not the "Fierce Shine" stuff:rolleyes:). It's not too shiny and when the shine does wear off after a few days it keeps the tires looking black and helps the rubber resist picking up dirt. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find it lately...it used to be carried at Target and Shop Rite (supermarket). I'll have to check out the local autoparts stores, just haven't had a chance, but if I find it, I'm buying everything they have;)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
B9LTD83 said:
Yup, I've finally found just the right tire shine. I like the wet look and I want it to last at least a week. After trying out all sorts of sprays, foams and gels here is the best.

http://www.armorall.com/products/wheel_tire/

You apply it evenly and sparingly with the supplied foam applicator and let it sit for a few minutes. The shine gets brighter as you let it sit. As long as you don't over apply the gel, you won't have ANY sling off. It easily lasts a week and even in rain.

The drawback is that you really have to clean the tires before you re-apply another session. I use dishwashing detergent and a firm brush to clean the rubber. Never on the rims or paint.

I highly recommend it as a gel hand applied is much more manageable vs. any spray or foam.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tribeca_06 said:
oh i thought the accident happened a while ago..lol
Yup, the accident was a while ago. This loaner was for a repaint on the tail gate, so sorta accident related.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.