Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question: I am looking to set my Tribeca up to tow, and am looking for a place to purchase the Transmission Oil Cooler from. The hitch was an easy find at etrailer. I have found a couple of places that have the oil cooler for $170 US but have not found any reputations from other buyers for either one. They are "SubaruPartsPeople.com" and "Subaru.DealerFit.com." Any thoughts on these or any other places? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Haven't heard of either of those sites. Check out the vendor review forum on nasioc.com The most recommended store there is www.subarugenuineparts.com

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've used both subaruparts.com and 1stsubaruparts.com quite a bit and had no problem at all with either one.

Why not just get an aftermarket B&M or perma cool unit for less than $50? I can't imagine subaru made something that does that much better to be worth $170.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies, guys. I ended up stopping by the dealership and checking w/ their parts dept, and the price was about the same as the online stores. So, it will be here next week. As far as the OEM cooler vs. a cheaper aftermarket option, the OEM seemed a bit bigger, and I liked that it mounted to the frame instead of directly to the radiator. Would the other have worked? Probably, but what's done is done. Ordered the hitch tonight, too. Looks to be a good night or 2 in the garage.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you can wait for 12-13 days I can sell you mine. Its brand new from the dealership. I had one come with my trailer hitch so I do not need this one.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the offer, but I picked mine up from the dealership just yesterday. Good luck selling!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts