Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all - cant believe i found this place Haha. Bought a used Tribeca about a year ago and unfortunately the lcd is going/gone only comes on when it wants too. I would like to replace it but cant really find much info online about size of the unit etc. So hoping someone here could help me out..

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Product/Pioneer-6-2-Touchscreen-DVD-Player-with-Bluetooth-AVH-A205BT/550495?menuFrom=1021692

Is what i would like to replace the old unit with. But would it fit? Are the inputs compatible? Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
7 Posts
most people stay stock as that is much easier.
Read that thread, thanks. Might be a couple of things I don't understand, but I read other related threads on other Subie sites.

My goal is to use the "Info screen" that displays outside temp, MPG, and trip info to display a backup camera. Or replace that screen, to accomplish the camera goal. Is this do-able?

I have an 06 B9 Tribeca.

My assumption is the "info screen" is incapable of composite, because it looks like the display itself is hard-coded for different data fields.

If even replacing the screen with a composite one were an option (assuming loss of trip display isn't a problem) that would give me a built in screen for the backup camera. I'm almost competent with electronics so I could use the screen for other things, like an Android or Pi car-puter.

Also, does the mod for audio-in (Ipod hack) work with the non-nav headunit?

I just got my Tribeca, and loving it especially since it is winter :) . But my last car is much smaller... I can't parallel park like I could in my old compact!

·
Registered
837 Posts
I would suggest at least talking with an car audio/install shop about what you want, maybe they can offer you a better solution for a much cheaper price. I have seen some aftermarket systems which use a small screen embedded in the rear-view mirror for a backup camera display.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would suggest at least talking with an car audio/install shop about what you want, maybe they can offer you a better solution for a much cheaper price. I have seen some aftermarket systems which use a small screen embedded in the rear-view mirror for a backup camera display.
Hi. Thanks for the reply.

*may I ask why (as in technically why) you wouldn't suggest that mod?*

I see others here have successfully retrofitted a backup camera into the 06 Tribeca dash. Not certain if those were nav-equipped or not..

Note: my question isn't a rejection of your advice it is only asking what barriers/blockers make the mod unfeasible?

Is it because the type of display I have (an instrument type, apparently) is one that isn't easily replaced??thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts