Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, you may have heard through my other posts my car has ghosting in the paint, i was talking to my friend about it today and he said that i shouldnt reapaint the car, even though the car looks terrible! HE said that the paint is unlike the factory and it will get wrecked and peel off when exposed to rock chips and driving chips, and overall the repaint would suck...is this true??? :confused:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Paint it SUBARU STI blue...
I have see B9 STI blue color in RALLY ACROPOLIS 2006 in SUBARU TEAM...

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Tribeca_06 said:
Hi, you may have heard through my other posts my car has ghosting in the paint, i was talking to my friend about it today and he said that i shouldnt reapaint the car, even though the car looks terrible! HE said that the paint is unlike the factory and it will get wrecked and peel off when exposed to rock chips and driving chips, and overall the repaint would suck...is this true??? :confused:
Is a repaint going to be as good as a factory baked on one? No, but depending where the job is done, you should be fine. It all comes down to how the shop preps the surface.

·
Registered
405 Posts
REPAINT IT IF YOU CAN SEE DEFECTS ON CAR, repaint would at least give you new look.

But like said above, prep makes difference...find good shop and do it.

AS long as SUBARU IS paying!!!!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
singincanary said:
When my wife hit a deer, we used a shop north of middletown that did a great job. Let me know if you want the info.
yeah ill take info on the shop. when i go to the dealer ill see wat shop they use and if a shop of my choice is accepted, this is in middletown ny?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LORE BECA said:
REPAINT IT IF YOU CAN SEE DEFECTS ON CAR, repaint would at least give you new look.

But like said above, prep makes difference...find good shop and do it.

AS long as SUBARU IS paying!!!!
thanks! im going to the dealer next month and ill see their shop and if a shop of my choice is aloud, and ofcourse SUBARU will PAY for this!! lol :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts