Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one attempted to install the OEM Subaru remote start in their B9 yet? I'd like to hear some feedback as to how difficult the install was before I go ahead and purchase one and either install it myself or just have the dealer do it.
Any one????

·
449 Posts
Yea it's not so much the electrical stuff but all that trim removal will be a PITA. Also, I don't want to carry another remote. If somehow they intergrated it into the one remote that would be sweet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
remote starter

I have a 2006 Tribeca and I bought the OEM starter to install myself. following the instructions provided and pulling the trim apart was a bit of a pain but if you follow the steps in the proper order it wasnt too bad. The issue was when I came to the 2 and 24 pin connectors I could not find them OR they were not there on the 2006??? I have no idea what to do now...

VIN ends with c364413944 if that helps???

Any dealer tech folks out there that can help out??? I will splice wires IF I have a good idea of what im doing...

THANK YOU!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the dealer do mine. Took them 4 Hours the first visit and another 2 hours the 2nd visit. (they missed a step at the end to end the programming for the imobilizer so the security light kept flashing 4 times).

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
We had the dealer install ours in the 07. We actually had to wait for the correct part to come in. Apparently (says the dealer) Subaru had a stop on parts order b/c early 07 and late 07 remote start modules were a little different. Don't ask me how, but he said Subaru had to correct their inventory before sending out the parts.

All said and done, we waited 3 weeks after delivery of the B9 for the part to come in. I think it took the service dept ~3-4 hours to install.

Yes, it is a seperate remote and we wish it was integrated into the stock remote, but it isn't that big. I'm really glad it was an OE option. I didn't want to install an aftermarket remote start in this car.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Most dealers around here, charge $85/hr and it appears to take 3-4 hrs. I've also scene some places specifically charge a higher hourly rate for electrical work cuz they need someone with additional training. My dealer charges $448 parts & labor for the OE remote starter.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Wheels said:
I paid nothing for mine I negotiated it after we came to a price on the car. just to close the deal.
Nice job. We just had ours built into the price.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yeah, if this is something you want, when buying the car is the time to negociate it...might be able to get it tossed in like Wheels did, or get it at reduced cost cuz they will be working to prep the car for delivery anyway.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Its too late for that. The price I got for a 7-pass limited with factory installed reverse sensors, auto-dimming mirror/compass and dealer installed remote starter is $30,645. They had to get the car from another dealer 150 miles away so they added the transfer to the cost a bit. I should blame my wife since she wanted the deep broze. I know I shouldn't have paid for the transfer, but its a long story. Anyway, I think that is a decent price. Thoughts?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Well considering invoice on an 08 7-pass, limited is $32,220 with no options/accessories, I'd say you got a pretty good deal:tup:

Congrats on the new ride.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Paid about $600 for install and parts. Yeah, i know its higher, but that was the going rate around here.

One thing I noticed and someone else here mentioned problems with their puddle lights.

When the car starts using Remote Start, no puddle lights come on. However, once you unlock the car, the puddle lights DO come on with remote start working. Then I do the usual put key in car, turn to ON then press on the brakes to get it moving. So I guess my puddle lights are working correctly.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
DizzyV6P said:
Paid about $600 for install and parts. Yeah, i know its higher, but that was the going rate around here.

One thing I noticed and someone else here mentioned problems with their puddle lights.

When the car starts using Remote Start, no puddle lights come on. However, once you unlock the car, the puddle lights DO come on with remote start working. Then I do the usual put key in car, turn to ON then press on the brakes to get it moving. So I guess my puddle lights are working correctly.
Yes, your puddle lights are working correctly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My starter is acting wierd. It will start, then it shuts off after a few seconds, then starts again. This goes on and on. Car will start fine with the key of course.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hmm, that's odd...it must not be sensing something correctly. Probably gonna need a dealer to check it out:eek:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Tried the starter again this evening and it works. I dunno what happened, but will get it checked out when I take the car in for service.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts