Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm a Tribeca 2008 model owner from the Philippines and lately, my Tribeca's initial oil filter had some problems and now I must buy a new oil filter. I asked Subaru Philippines but they said that they do not have parts for the Tribeca nor they no longer ship Tribeca parts in the Philippines. Turns out Subaru Philippines only has Forester, Impreza, Legacy, etc. parts here.

Anyways, I asked some local dealers and they don't have parts for the Tribeca here. So that leaves me the option of purchasing online for a oil filter. I found this FRAM Oil Filter on this site.

Specs are:

FRAM EXTRA GUARD OIL FILTER, ORANGE -- 3.39 in. H, 20 x 1.5 mm thread ID, 3.02 in. OD, full-flow lube spin-on, canister style, 12 relief valve setting PSI, 20 microns smallest particle filtered; With anti-drain valve and filter bypass relief valve; Features cellulose and synthetic glass media provides three times more engine protection than the average of leading economy oil filter; Meets and exceeds all engine and auto manufacturers' warranties; The sure grip no-slip feature guarantees superior handling control no matter how oily things might get.

Series:
Extraguard

Anyone familiar or have used this after-market replacement part? Can you recommend your personal trusted brand for me to look up?

Thank you all in advance.

-Rolly Mendiola

·
Registered
52 Posts
Fram is not very good. Stick with Purolator, Wix, Castrol or Mobil 1 filters. Purolator Pure One filters are the best.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Do they have the V6 Legacy? I believe the oil filter on that should be the same as the Tribeca - that is if the have the same H6 engines that they use in North America.

TibetanTiger said:
Hello, I'm a Tribeca 2008 model owner from the Philippines and lately, my Tribeca's initial oil filter had some problems and now I must buy a new oil filter. I asked Subaru Philippines but they said that they do not have parts for the Tribeca nor they no longer ship Tribeca parts in the Philippines. Turns out Subaru Philippines only has Forester, Impreza, Legacy, etc. parts here.

Anyways, I asked some local dealers and they don't have parts for the Tribeca here. So that leaves me the option of purchasing online for a oil filter. I found this FRAM Oil Filter on this site.

-Rolly Mendiola

1 - 3 of 3 Posts