Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an '08 Beca and was wondering if anyone knows where I can get decent looking bumper grills or runners for it? Trying to avoid people killing my bumper when they park since I park the car on the streets most of the time.

·
Registered
552 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
That's a pretty nice push bar. Although it would be a pain to wash and wax around it.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yeah, I read one guy on here has the Romik step bars and that they are not straight bolt-on, holes have to be drilled in the frame:( That's a major downer IMHO.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh man, I don't want to be drilling anything... Thnx for the info. Those do look pretty nice though. Maybe I'll do some more research.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have the side steps, chrome ones to match the SE package. They do need to drill, not completely bolt on as it says in the site.

The bull bar looks attractive in some angles, but I personally didnt like it in most of the other shots. Its a bit too big, and takes away too much real estate. Didnt blend well.

A shot I've posted before. I have other angles on my profile (the 2 that is allowed)

·
Registered
124 Posts
That shot makes the side steps look pretty low. It looks like you reduced your road clearance by a inch or 2 by putting those on. Or is that just an optical effect and the clearance is unaffected?

Also, do you get dirt/crap in your back door well now that you have those things on? I'd consder putting them on if it kept the crud from piling up inside my back door lip in the winter.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thanks MM.

You do lose clearance when you put them on. I dont think you can avoid that. Helps when you have a toddler wanting to get up on his seat by himself.

Does this help in seeing the clearance more?

This is from the image in the profile, though for some reason, cannot be seen if you are not logged in.

About the crud, no, I dont see it making a mess, though I've had limited snow experience with the car so far. For normal mud and stuff? Dont notice anything at all actually.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts