Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You don't have to go to the dealer or mess around with refill inserts on the new-style rear wiper on the Tribeca. A lot of people have been frustrated about this but I found "Trico Exact Fit Rear Integral Blades" snap right onto the special rear arm and they look like the factory original. It came with removal and replacement instructions - easy install. Got them online.

:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Good find. I just bought the smallest insert I could find at Pepboys. It was about 1" too long and I just cut off the excess length;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wiper blades

Well thats a start at least. Good to know re: rear wiper. I tried to buy refills for the fronts, and only use the actual rubber, but as all '06 owners probably know, this doesn't work. I was recently at a local parts store, and the Anco salesman was in the store, he says that Anco is trying to develop a replacement for the Beccas. We all went to my car to inspect the attachment hardware, and he took some pix of the pressure arm connection. I'm sure any replacement won't look as good, but it will be nice to go into ANY store and get new blades.:tup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wiper blade vs. wiper refill insert

snork said:
Good find. I just bought the smallest insert I could find at Pepboys. It was about 1" too long and I just cut off the excess length;)
Yeah, I'm not mechanical nor patient enough to do the refill insert thing!! The other thing is that I live in Wisconsin and my wipers go thru a ton of abuse in the winter. I'm sure the stress on the entire assembly is pretty severe so I just replace the whole assembly or wiper blade. For the few dollars difference I just feel more confident. That said, I'm sure refills work good too.

:patriot:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Front Wiper Blades For Tribeca

Rickep said:
Well thats a start at least. Good to know re: rear wiper. I tried to buy refills for the fronts, and only use the actual rubber, but as all '06 owners probably know, this doesn't work. I was recently at a local parts store, and the Anco salesman was in the store, he says that Anco is trying to develop a replacement for the Beccas. We all went to my car to inspect the attachment hardware, and he took some pix of the pressure arm connection. I'm sure any replacement won't look as good, but it will be nice to go into ANY store and get new blades.:tup:
At the same time I got the rear blade I bought a pair of Trico NeoForm Beam Blades for the front. They are AWESOME! They wipe clean and are super quiet. Just like the rear blade, installation was simple and easy. Anyway, you may want to check them out if you abandon the refill quest.

:lol:

·
Registered
552 Posts
What year is yours Jeff? I'm guessing 08+, cuz the 06-07 have a retarded front setup w/ proprietary wipers:(

So it's either try to find the oddball length inserts or buy genuine suby replacements (inserts and/or blades:mad: )

·
Registered
405 Posts
So there are TRICO replacements for the 08-10 beccas?

jeff618 said:
At the same time I got the rear blade I bought a pair of Trico NeoForm Beam Blades for the front. They are AWESOME! They wipe clean and are super quiet. Just like the rear blade, installation was simple and easy. Anyway, you may want to check them out if you abandon the refill quest.

:lol:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Checked with Trico's website:

Exact Fit 14-B was the only lisiting for 2006 Tribeca - rear wiper only.
2008 has multiple blades that work.

·
Registered
146 Posts
snork said:
cuz the 06-07 have a retarded front setup w/ proprietary wipers:(
So it's either try to find the oddball length inserts or buy genuine suby replacements (inserts and/or blades:mad: )
Should read "EXPENSIVE genuine suby replacements...":tdown:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
08 & 09 Wipers are universal

Mine's a 2008 and I researched this and both the 2008 and 2009 have universal front wipers (meaning you can get aftermarket replacements) and the rear blade, albiet only one choice, has an aftermarket option (Trico Exact Fit Rear Integral Blade).

I could not find anything for aftermarket before or after these years for front nor back. I'm not sure if the 2010 info is out yet...?

So, I guess I lucked out!! :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
jeff618 said:
Mine's a 2008 and I researched this and both the 2008 and 2009 have universal front wipers (meaning you can get aftermarket replacements) and the rear blade, albiet only one choice, has an aftermarket option (Trico Exact Fit Rear Integral Blade).

I could not find anything for aftermarket before or after these years for front nor back. I'm not sure if the 2010 info is out yet...?

So, I guess I lucked out!! :D
I'm not so sure the fronts on the 2008 are "universal" The Drivers arm is quite wide. I bought some wipers at Costco and they were too narrow to accept the 2008 drivers side arm. I ended up getting the dealer to replace the rubber under warranty. I've searched several parts stores and only a few brands sell the 26" driver side, so it must be some what of a special size.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Clarification on "universal" - LOL

wackojacko said:
I'm not so sure the fronts on the 2008 are "universal" The Drivers arm is quite wide. I bought some wipers at Costco and they were too narrow to accept the 2008 drivers side arm. I ended up getting the dealer to replace the rubber under warranty. I've searched several parts stores and only a few brands sell the 26" driver side, so it must be some what of a special size.
My badd - when I said universal I should have said "shows up in some application guides by some aftermarket companies". That would probably be more accurate. No wiper is 100% universal. Sorry for the confusion!! In my research, it was listed on the wipers123 lookup guide online and did indeed fit. I hear ya though, I've returned a few wipers in my day...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Lift the arm off the glass, grab the bottom of the blade and pivot it 90 degrees and it will pull out of the arm. The manual makes it seem very complicated, its not..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Subanoob said:
Got it done, took 45 seconds. Thanks again.
You are welcome my friend!! :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts