Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the dealer today and they found that the drivers side rear strut is leaking and need sto be replaced. We have 85k on the odometer at this point.

Anyone out there tackle this yet? Just want to see what i will be getting into. If anyone has a link to a diagram of the rear suspension that would be helpful.

The dealer quoted $150 for the strut and $ 250 for the labor. I looked and found KYB units for $70 to $90 each. I'm wondering if I should even go with a mix of a KYB and stock or just do both KYB or find a single OEM.

Rik

·
Registered
630 Posts
hmmmm i belvie my strut in the front needs to be replaced b/c its making a clicking noise..had the bushings replaced and did some research and found it to be acttulley the strut...and i heard the front struts go but i didnt hear of the back struts..but since the fronts go makes sense the back would too, and i cant belive the expense of the strut :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Question about this post

Just got back from a tire rotation and the mechanic says my left rear strut is leaking. Saw this post and wondered how you made out with your rear strut. Did you do the KYB or other, or OEM?

·
Registered
62 Posts
One online catalog listed the KYB struts with OEM description. There may be manufacture markings on the original struts, I'll be replacing mine this week, will post back, hopefully.
Front struts are marked both Subaru and KYB, so I think that shows that KYB is the OEM brand, although it may or may not be the same spec. The KYB I installed in front had a different top nut/thread than the OEM, so make sure your replacements have the nut included!

·
Registered
62 Posts
OK, so how to access the top of the rear strut mount to remove it? I have the pdf manual that shows the top, two nuts, etc. Is it under the rear cup-holders? Just pry them out?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.