Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. Just found out about this forum after owning a Tribeca for the last 3 years!

Thanks to Peaty at ScoobyMods, I've swapped out my sway bar bushings and improved the front end rattle.
While I was in there, I noticed the rear lower control arm bushings are cracked and about to fall apart. Has anyone done this themselves?

Also, the car has terrible rear seat (no third row) and liftgate rattles. Any ideas on calming these down?

This is my wife's car, and we've just moved to MT in the hills on a VERY rough road---it's making all the rattles come out in their full glory!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
630 Posts
the rattle seems to be just cheap parts used by subaru..many Becas have the issue..and there are multible solutions..i believe the newest was thinker seal around the back door, newer models ( not 06/07) have a thicker seal that stop/quitens the rattle? Another is go to the dealer and demand an investigation and they have come up with ways to fix it i believe but some have not

·
Registered
405 Posts
The beca is a beautiful car but it is a rattle can unfortunately in the places you mentioned! Very disappointing in our one year with less then 10,000 miles on it!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had the most annoying rattle coming from the rear, after many trips to the dealer with NO results I had my wife drive me around till I found it. To my dumbfounded surprise, I found that it was the middle row driver side passenger seat head rest. Seems that when it is fully extended it made the most hideous squeak/rattle. Put head rest down-problem solved! LOL Also im getting rattle from back hatch. It seems the interior panel on the back door is becoming loose. I rigged it w some double sided tape (for now) which helped. Further investigation revealed the cover/light in back hatch door was rattling as well. I shoved a piece of construction paper in till I have time to dick w a permanent fix. :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
metal rattle after 100k - under car easy fix

I had a rattle, I put a screw between the heatshield and cat.converter= fixed

then the other side did the same thing- took it to midas had them weld the heatshields back on- $40

now both sides are welded and fixed.

don't let someone fool you into to thinking its more major

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a back seat rattle too. Drives me cRaZy. Rear passenger seat. It only squeaks when the seat is slid as far back as possible. Move it up some and it goes away.

I need every inch of space because he rear legroom is so-so on the Becca. Any suggestions. I was going to buy Torx bit (T20?) and try and tighten down the bolts that hold the sit down but I'm not optimistic that it will work.

Anyone have some other suggestions or know what size Torx bit those rear seat bolts are????

THANKS

·
Registered
679 Posts
Is it contacting the third-row seat and instead causing that seat to rattle?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Seat rattle

Hmmmm. May be. Never thought of that. I'll need to check that out. If it is the 3rd row seat do you think it's just a matter of tightening those t50 bolts that hold the seat in?

·
Registered
679 Posts
^ I'm really not sure. I'm leery of over-tightening things (I've torqued off a few in the past :lol:) - but if there are specs, I would re-check them, for-sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a rattle when I first bought my 06 tribeca. Turned out to be loose crossbeam on the luggage rack. Wedged some metal to tighten it and the rattle went away.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had the most annoying rattle coming from the rear, after many trips to the dealer with NO results I had my wife drive me around till I found it. To my dumbfounded surprise, I found that it was the middle row driver side passenger seat head rest. Seems that when it is fully extended it made the most hideous squeak/rattle. Put head rest down-problem solved! LOL Also im getting rattle from back hatch. It seems the interior panel on the back door is becoming loose. I rigged it w some double sided tape (for now) which helped. Further investigation revealed the cover/light in back hatch door was rattling as well. I shoved a piece of construction paper in till I have time to dick w a permanent fix. :)
I concur with this one! I had a rattle in middle row passenger side headrest. Took 1 year diagnosing at dealer and then they took headrest out, bent the arms towards each other and reinstalled. Rattle gone!!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
There have been quite a few posts over the years about the rear hatch rattle and second and third row seat rattles. Subaru had a campaign back around 2008 to correct the rattles. You may be able to glean some information from this bulletin. Bending the head rest posts was one of the fixes. Here is the silent recall bulletin for the rattle fix.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
we had the liftgate/hatch rattle/squeak. the latch mechanism bolts worked themselves loose. partially remove the cover to access the bolts. removed one, loctited it, replaced it. removed the other, loctited it, replaced it. torqued them. good to go.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.