Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting a rattle which sounds to be coming from the rear quarter panel on the driver side. ive tried everything to try and locate it but im stumped! has anyone experienced this??? it seems to sound when i go over manholes or slightly bigger bumps. :confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its coming from the 2nd row seats. the back rest shakes everytime i go over something. any ideas how i can fix this????

·
Registered
196 Posts
erik720 said:
its coming from the 2nd row seats. the back rest shakes everytime i go over something. any ideas how i can fix this????
Mine does the same thing. It seems like it is coming from the right side. I haven't messed with and it just started recently. You might want to try adjusting the recline to see if it is happier in a different position.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It's the same here for me and it feels more like that the back door is not closed properly. atleast thats what it sounds like to me. I don't even have a 3rd row of seats.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I went back to the passenger side 2nd row seat and thwapped on it with my fist and heard the noise. I wonder if it may be the recline cable rattling in the back of the seat. If I get adventurous, I may pull the back of and take a look.

·
Registered
1 Posts
rear hatch rattles

drove me absolutely nuts since the day i leased the thing last July. Thought is was the rear trays and removed them, cushioned them - tightened them - nothing.... finally bought a .35 very very thin rubber strip and cut it and placed small pieces in between the hatch and the plastic guides that are supposed to "hold" the hatch in place. It worked!!!! I now love the vehicle - quiet and rides the way it is intended. :lol: :lol: :lol: :) :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a rattle coming from the rear hatch on the driver's side half way up. I'm pretty sure it's either the trim is loose or the rear light housing is hitting something. The dealer is going to look into it on Monday.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had exact same problem and narrowed it down to the bottom of the interior panel of the rear hatch. I simply put blanket on the trunk floor (right to the edge of it), so when I close the hatch the bottom of the panel rests on the blanket. Voila...no more noise. I carry a blanket with me anyways (especially in the winter) so it's not a big deal and it seems to stay put without adjusting. I'd take it to the dealer but I'm worried about them messing something else up. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That's crazy. Why wouldn't you take the truck back and get it fixed. It's an expensive car and it could be something easily fixed. That would drive me absolutely nuts! 8)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I should've mentioned that it seems to be temperature related so once Spring is here it'll all go away :). I know it seems crazy but the car is spotless and scratchless and rattle free, and I just know it, that once the mechanic gets his hands on it I may end up with rattles and other surprises I'll regret. So since it was so easily eliminated I decided to just live with it. I made it a rule to only visit the dealer when absolutely necessary. Let's just say, bad previous experience made me that way:) .

·
Registered
22 Posts
I understand. If I have the same problem and they fix it easy enough, I'll let you know and hopefully you will feel more comfortable about bringing it in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I brought the Tribeca into the shop to get the rattle looked at and they said that the hatch is misaligned. They took a look at the way it as closing, phoned the Subaru Tech Line and came up with the cause. It makes sense to me because I stuck a couple of flat plastic pieces on one side of the hatch (on the rubber hatch guiders) and it minimized the issue. This discs are normally found on the bottom of chairs which are used to protect the floor. I think a lot of people who are using towels, and other items to fix the rattle are having the same problem. I have to take it to a body shop to get it looked into though because a normal service center doesn't have the equipment to align the hatch properly. I'm starting to wonder if the hinges being used on the 08/09 Tribeca are strong enough to hold the hatch into place. I suspect there is going to be a TSB on this issue relatively soon because I've found all kinds of people complaining of the same issue (especially in colder locations).

·
Registered
14 Posts
avjunky said:
I brought the Tribeca into the shop to get the rattle looked at and they said that the hatch is misaligned. They took a look at the way it as closing, phoned the Subaru Tech Line and came up with the cause. It makes sense to me because I stuck a couple of flat plastic pieces on one side of the hatch (on the rubber hatch guiders) and it minimized the issue. This discs are normally found on the bottom of chairs which are used to protect the floor. I think a lot of people who are using towels, and other items to fix the rattle are having the same problem. I have to take it to a body shop to get it looked into though because a normal service center doesn't have the equipment to align the hatch properly. I'm starting to wonder if the hinges being used on the 08/09 Tribeca are strong enough to hold the hatch into place. I suspect there is going to be a TSB on this issue relatively soon because I've found all kinds of people complaining of the same issue (especially in colder locations).
This is exactly what happened with my 08 Tribeca! It took me 3 trips to the dealership to fix misaligned hatch problem. Funny enough, the delarship said exactly the same thing and they could not simply fix it at the dealrship premises since they did not have proper tools (???). They claimed that they had to send my car to the body shop just to align the hatch! Anyway, it is *much* less noise from the back now. Rear sits still rattle though... Do not know what to do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts