Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Not sure if this is the right category but anyway, I have an 06 B9 tribeca and for a couple years now when I press on the brakes I get radio static. It doesn't happen on every station, and some stations are worse than others. I mostly ignored it until now because most of the time the radio isn't completely cut off and it only happened when i was a decent distance away from the radio station, but lately it's gotten worse. I know that it started getting worse after I went through a car wash, but I don't know if that's a coincidence or made it worse. I'm not sure what's going on and I've heard some people say it's a grounding issue with one of the wires. I don't want to pay a mechanic to check only for them to not find anything and pay them hundreds of dollars for labor. Has this happened to anyone else? What was the solution? Any ideas? Thank you!

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It only happens when I press the brakes, regardless of any settings or extras I have enabled. It doesn't matter if I have the lights on, if I'm going in reverse or forward or neutral, or if I have the rear defogger on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts