Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Forum banner

Radiator removal

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  bindernut 
#1 ·
Hello, we have an 06 Tribeca. I need to replace The radiator as it is leaking where the core is attached to one of the side tanks. I have a couple questions. First and foremost there is a crossbar with a leg that goes down behind the radiator(like a big T). The hood latch is bolted to this. This T if you will appears to be just bolted inlooks like removing this would make removing everything a lot easier. Is there any issue with removing this?

second, the bolts for the condenser brackets screw into captured nuts. A couple of these are frozen. I can’t get anything to jam in there and prevent the nut from turning. Any suggestions?

last, there is a metal line that goes runs on top of the frame rail & into the drivers side tank between the trans cooler lines. What is this? I thought oil cooler but I don’t see a second one for a return.

thanks for the help.
mark

#2 ·
Hello, we have an 06 Tribeca. I need to replace The radiator as it is leaking where the core is attached to one of the side tanks. I have a couple questions. First and foremost there is a crossbar with a leg that goes down behind the radiator(like a big T). The hood latch is bolted to this. This T if you will appears to be just bolted inlooks like removing this would make removing everything a lot easier. Is there any issue with removing this?

second, the bolts for the condenser brackets screw into captured nuts. A couple of these are frozen. I can’t get anything to jam in there and prevent the nut from turning. Any suggestions?

last, there is a metal line that goes runs on top of the frame rail & into the drivers side tank between the trans cooler lines. What is this? I thought oil cooler but I don’t see a second one for a return.

thanks for the help.
mark
Yes, you'll need to remove that T frame. There are 2 bolts in the bottom that go in from the back. Probably have to break the plastic around those nuts to get it out. Only line next to the trans cooler lines is the A/C high pressure line, which goes to the condenser.

#4 ·
Thanks for the reply. I didn’t quite get the radiator all the way out the other night. It was really late and I was tired. It rained yesterday & today and the car is sitting in an inch of water so I’m not too keen on laying in a puddle of cold midday water since the wife has another car. I will look at the lines more when I go to finish the job. Maybe this weekend if I’m up to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.