Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello. new to the site.
I decided to make my first post in the general sections anyways.
More than likely we will be purchasing an 08 Tribeca in the next two weeks. We currently own an sti, legacy outback. Used to own an 02 wrx sedan and wagon. My girlfriend and i finally sat in a tribeca with the interior lights on. It is a gorgeous vehicle that strangely enough i am more excited about purchasing than my sti in the day. More than likely purchase it without even having to drive a tribeca.

I find the resources on tribeca's to be very sparse right now. But a couple things i would love to see/hear are:

1) A tribeca with sport compact/tuner style wheels (rotas/BBS etc). We are not big fans of the large chrome wheels, at least on a tribeca. Any pics besides cobbs S/C tribeca? Anyone running BBS or rota mesh's?

2) Anyone have video or SOUND of the 3.0 boxer or specifically the new 3.6? Has anyone out there done any sort of catback/etc exhaust. I have watched the video of the tribeca "snow plow" and really want to hear the exhaust note of a 6cyl subaru. I still love my HKS flat four 2.5l.

3) what is MSRP on an 08 5pass limted with NAV? What has everyone else been paying for their 08's from the dealer, and did you buy inventory or order?
What options do you find the most important? Mine are hitch,puddle lights and nav/backup cam.

Or feel free to post pictures/video of tribeca mods etc. Are there any other online resources besides SB9T and nazioc?
I can't believe i'm excited about an SUV and starting my posts with "which wheels and exhaust look hot."
If this was IWSTI i would be flaming myself.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I've been looking around for aftermarket support for our 07 and found almost nothing. I'm happy with everything stock as is. I've seen some B9's with rims, but I end up falling back on the stockers.

As for accessories, I have puddle lights on order. I plan on ordering the rear bumper trim, auto dim rear view mirror w/ compass and possibly mud guards.

·
Registered
160 Posts
http://www.cars101.com/tribeca.html - prices and specs at glance.

As far as accessories go, you got it right. Hitch was of a big help when we went to Cape Cod with 4 bikes this August. All weather floor mats are on my wish list as well - stock carpet ones are great for summer but will get dirty once wet season begins.

I am not aware of many aftermarket mods for Tribecas either. Yours going to be 08 might be getting more aftermarket goodies but it still going to take some time.

One thing to warn you (and your girlfriend) is the ride. Beca drives and feels like a car, not like a truck. Our 07 B9 reminds me more of an Outback ride. It is quiet and picks up speed *really* well, so you might be going 20+ above speed before you know it. Something to keep in mind. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
It is quiet and picks up speed *really* well, so you might be going 20+ above speed before you know it. Something to keep in mind. :)[/quote]

i wouldnt say *really* well, it does ok. to me, the car feels to underpowered for all the weight it needs to pull.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts