Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an FAQ page regarding maintenance? I'd like to know what is required for the 40K mile service.

Also, what kind of oil are you guys using? how often are you changing the oil? and is it a PITA to do it yourself?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not sure about the 40K service however after hanging out in bobistheoilguyforums for sometime I have gone to Pennzoil Yellow Bottle 5w-30 in our B9. It gets alot of love on that forum and for dino oil the consensus there is that it is one of the best. I do 5k oil change intervals. The filter is important too. Currently I am using an a Purolator filter but I have purchased a Motorcraft for next oil change. Motorcraft filters get great reviews there too. I would stay away from Fram filters...pretty much as cheap as they get. Changing it is pretty easy in my opinion, I use rhino ramps to get it higher. Filter is easy to get at and so is drain plug. When you drain oil some gets on plastic cover and it is important that you use a towel to dry all the low areas or you will have minor dripping aftewards.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts