Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '06 B9. Since I've owned it, there's been a subtle quirk. When under moderate acceleration, the car goes from first into second, then just before the shift from 2nd into 3rd, theres a slight shudder, maybe 4 or 5 "bumps" before the shift to 3rd. This is an automatic (don't know if there's even a manual availabe for B9), The best way to describe it is that it feels like I've driven over 4 or 5 rolls of dimes. Dealer felt it too, and reflashed the tranny memory, but it's still there. This may just be a Subie thing since the loaner Forrester seemed to do it too. With my extended warranty ending in Dec. of '10, I'd just like to make sure. Anyone else have this???

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yep. The Tribeca is quirky. To me it feels like it's trying to determine which gear it ought to be in and can't quite make up its mind. Happens routinely on a particular stretch of road near my house. Mine's only got 4k miles, too.

I miss my old Grand Cherokee because the drivetrain was bulletproof. I drove it so hard I destroyed the motor mounts but never had a drivetrain issue. I don't dare drive this Tribeca hard for fear of breaking it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well aside from the shudder, trans has been good (knock on wood). Early on, I had a front stabilizer bar, and control arm (clunk) replaced. Since then ok, which is saying something since the trans does its share of shifting with the 3.0! Overall a great car though :tup: .

·
executioner
19 Posts
SubieDriver said:
New members are always welcome,... unless your purpose for being here is advertising movie and game sites.
sig removed, hopefully it doesn't return. ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
To reply to the OP...

Not sure if it's the same deal or not, but my '09 had that problem, too. They tried reflashing the tranny and that didn't work. After a bunch of looking into the problem, turns out they realized it was the torque converter. The ordered the part, replaced it (took a couple days to do the whole job), and ever since then it's ridden smooth as butter.

It may or may not be the same situation, but it sure sounds it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.